Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine speed

I have converted-A2s and I am trying to slow them down (to a crawl). Any suggestions where I can find the necessary gearbox motor pulleys?
    I've got your second ball!!

Re: Machine speed

grainger carries all of the motor pullies you can think of. do you want "a" speed or "jetback" i'll post the # for the "a" pullies tomorrow for you if you'd like if you want "jetback" pullies...i've got 24 of the that i'll give you cheap.

alex
    Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
    Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
    Cloth: ShamWow!
    Machine: Johnny 5
    Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

Shame ,

I'm interested in the 24 Jetback pulleys if Nostalgic Mech doesn't want them.

Comment

Thanks shamefowjze... I will check with Grainger and see. I still have some other things to look into before I can order them. Mainframe, if you want them be my quest.

I would love to get that number though. Thanks again.
        I've got your second ball!!

Comment

Quality makes a special pulley which is what I would recommend since it slows both the gear box and the elevator down(remember the jetback pulley acually speeds up the elevator).

Comment

mainframe
            I will have 20 jetbacks in about 3 weeks if you want them

Peanut
            Peanut

Comment

Sure could use that grainger number,i need pullies.,there has got to be a cheaper place to get them,i think they we're about $65.00 a pulley in the parts book.Came across a place called Phoenix pullies and idlers but i like to price shop.If i remember correct i have 7"(or close to)for my pulley size and want to go slower,is the 6.80 next in line,i have a 4.5" (or close to)on a lane now and it's tooooo slow.,bowlers will not like that!
              Grainger number pleeeeease.TY,TY,TY.
              It's late so i can't remember my pulley sizes correctly.

Comment

Just remember that if you change the motor pully to change the gearbox speed, you should also change the motor to gearbox belt, too. They are different lengths for the different pullies; it makes a big difference especially if you have the floating motor mount.

Learnt that one from dire experience.

mick
                The long term cost of inaction is greater than the percieved short term convenience.

Comment

I have 6 3/4 inch pullies on now and want to go slower,tried the 5 1/4 but too slow,is there a better size to use?
                  I can get a 6 inch for about $12.00 and a 3 inch for about $5.00.
                  Right now i don't like the speed of the 6 3/4 inch pullies...need slower size.
                  Grainger number???Quality number???
                  Thanks! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]
                  Use what you have to,to get it through the shift then fix it right.Do it right and live through the night...Safety first!

Comment

Gearhead:

You're putting yourself into oddball land now ...

6+3/4 is jetback size pulley (actually 6.8, but who's counting)

5+1/4 is a Model "A" pulley (way too slow, I agree)

Anything in between, you may have trouble getting the correct combination of belts to get the job done ... so be sure that you can get belts to provide the right tension before you buy a ton of pulleys.

I'm puzzled ... an A-2 running jetback speed should be smooth as silk with the new MD cam profiles. Jetbacks, yes the deck does shift hard (almost slam), but that's with the original A style cam installed, and sped up.

The elevator ... another story ... if it's a-2 with a jetback pulley(3.5), the turret's gonna run warp speed. Quality Made a jetback special (6+3/4 with a 3" elevator) to slow down the A2 g/b without speeding up the elevator.

Hope this is of some use:

Kevin

Comment

We have used a Browning AK 6.1 pulley to the gear box and a Browning AK 3.0 for the elevator.
                      This combination can be used on both the A & A2 pinsetter without any cam or belt changes for the A pinsetter. The A2 needs a A-62 belt to the gearbox. Any bearing shop that carries Browning pulley & sheeves can supply these pulleys. One thing to consider is to drill and tap for an additional set screw 90 degrees off the keyway. We normally will take a drill and ding the motor shaft for the new set screw. We have found out that the two seperate pulleys can come loose once in a while unless you have this double set screw setup. We have installed this pulley setup on 600 - 700 pinsetters.

EDJ

Comment

the one thing I do is leave the motor to gearbox belt on the loose side so if there is a deck jam there is less of a chance of breaking something or twisting something if the deck jam or turret jam switches fail [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] and the clutch pulley seems to last longer. GROUCHO
                        if things aren't going right just use a bigger hammer! DIRT

Comment

I have the 3" pulley for the motor to elevator but the turrets run at warp speed,i'd love to slow down the turret speed a bit plus slow down the pit speed.
                          I know some of you have changed pullies to do this but which ones do i change to slow them down.
                          Maybe i'm just used to the place i was at,they might have had the model-a pullies so watching my machines run here look like they are too fast.
                          Pulley advice for changing turret/pit speeds??
                          Reducing the speeds will help in the long run on parts,etc.
                          [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]
                          Use what you have to,to get it through the shift then fix it right.Do it right and live through the night...Safety first!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                          our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                          Working...
                          X