Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turret Indexing Before 5 Pin Loads

Could someone please help.. We seem to have a problem whereas the turret indexes right past the 5 pin, and the 5 pin doesnt get to load..

Thank-You

Re: Turret Indexing Before 5 Pin Loads

Here are a few thoughts:

Check the whole indexing setup (from stop latch to trip pedal) for play ... the time the turret stop mechanism is under the most stress is when it stops at the 5 ... the spider spring winding up puts more tension on everything. If you listen to a turret, it stops hardest at the 5.

Trip pedal adjustments can affect this quite a bit. I adjust the pedal so the spring coils barely don't bind up when the pedal is down, to get the most tension possible to stop the turret.

The rear adjustment on the pedal, sometimes needs to make the indexing latch slightly over the center of the stop bearing to keep this from happening.

Others will surely add, but these are some of the more common causes:

kevin

Comment

Like Kevin said, make sure the trip lever is adjusted properly. But also check the trip lever spring and make sure it is not broken.

Comment

You might also check the interlock probe, sometimes its gets bent down and will hit the torsion latch and it will index past it. Also check the torsion latch arm thats bolted underneath the nine pin spoon. It may be too close to the latch when the 5-pin chute comes around. This will also cause it to index past.

William

Comment

I agree with the posts above. The problem could be the probe contacting the torsion latch, trip lever adjustment, slop in the indexing linkage, or even a stretched short turret belt. Most likely it is the trip lever adjustment or even too much tension on the long turret belt. It needs just enough tension to index after the 5-pin.

Comment

Check the indexing cam too and see if that has come loose aside from what the others said.

msbowl. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
            Working...
            X