Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cycle solenoid is driving me nuts

ok i know this sounds easy, but im freaking going nuts.. on one of my lanes the cycle solenoid is contiously getting power. It just started doing it last night and spent all day trying to figure it out..I dont have any spare delays , so dont know if that is it. Just curious if anyone knows something im missing...thanks

steve.. (yes im in husker land, dont hold it against me...)

Re: cycle solenoid is driving me nuts

Take the time delay from that machine thats giving you the solenoid problem and switch it with another one in a different lane. If the problem switches to the other lane then you know its the delay. IF the problem stays the same without changes, check your wiring for any shorts. Also check your reset button wiring.

And if none of the above checkout, then change the solenoid. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif[/img]

msbowl [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Steveinne
      It sounds like you are on the right track reguarding the relay in TD module. Since you do not have a spare try removing it clean the points and bending the tab down to increase spring tension. If this is not the problem then you must have a short in the wiring for recycle between the pinsetter and up front.Check for pinched and/or cut wires in the subway.
      John B
      ------------
      just fix it

Comment

thanks for the input, but still no different, changed the time delay and checked for shorts , still nothing, im telling you.. im lost..lol

Comment

Steveinne:
          We need more info. Is the solenoid pulling in when you turn the machine on with the low voltage, or is it in up position all the time? The cycle solenoid can freeze in the up position and make one believe they are getting a signal, when in fact they are not (can be as simple as a lost o ring on the pin, with the pin moving over and keeping the mech. locked).. One way to ascertain this is to watch the time delay module relay as one turns on the machine, if it activates, and stays in active position, then you do indeed have inappropiate voltages to that bank of eight. Unplug the three prong cannons, one at a time, on that bank, while leaving the three prong on the offending machine connected. In most cases,this will isolate the machine causing the problem. One must be familiar with an OHM meter to go further, as you may find the machine sending excess voltage, in this manner, but you still have to find the pathway this voltage goes to the receptive mach.
          But rest assured, with the information available to you here, there are those whom can work you through it.
          Roscoe
          rfm

Comment

Steveinne:
            Neglected to read all previous posts, first thing to do is unplug two prong cannon, which is reset line to the front.
            Roscoe.
            rfm

Comment

roscoe,, yes it is seating up when i turn on power to the machine, i have unpluged the front reset button AND the rear mech one.. i have yet to do what you said about the time delay. Plus one thing about this place is that, the old mechanic has a wiring mess in the box, so bad that the cover wont even fit over it.. its a nightmare beleive me, that is why im lost. wires are going place that i have never seen before, i need to take a pic of it sometime and let you all get a laugh.. one of these days when i get done with the major ill get to that box, i will be in one of them bad moods when i do i have a feeling

Comment

unhook wire on terminal 16 on the time delay module...this will open the reset button circuit if it has a short in the wire way going to the rear of machine.

Post back to let us know
                Peanut
                Peanut

Comment

ok, finally got it fixed, time delay i tried to replace it with was bad also, found a new one last night where the paint is stored. dang mice are weird around here..lol.. hope they dont carry me around and drop me off someplace i cant be found... Now i just have to stop the constant recycling....grrrrrrr , im thinking clutch is out of adjust. but was to tired last night to fix it.. didnt need it will do today.. thanks for all the replies and the help..

steve

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                  1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                  First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                  our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                  Working...
                  X