Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oldest gear box

I sure someone out there have old gearboxes. I just acquired from a center that changed to GS's. It was green and the serial # is 1059. All my gear boxes are in 62xxx range. Anyone know what year they came out? PJ
    I'm going fishing and camping!

Re: Oldest gear box

Here is a little info.

web page
    The first 3000 pinsetters were made in 1956 for brunswick by otis elevator.I think.Someone coorrect if wrong.

Peanut
    Peanut

Comment

I have a 1500ish at work.

I had the green paint removed. Looks like it was first cast, then hand worked/machined. Doesnt look anything like the unpainted gearboxes.

It looks real weird with the old "shelf" for the out-of-range microswitch..

Comment

1059 the oldest here on bowltech? we have 30xxx and 80xxx range
        Thank You All! For All the prayers and and the out pouring of good spirits in my time of need greatly appreciated!

Comment

we have 6 mean green machines serial 35,xxx and Otis made them too. Installed in 59 I believe.

Howard
          Howard

Comment

39 machines in 37xxx-38xxx and one machine with a 32xxx gearbox...weird

Comment

we have 2 different groups. 24 of newer, 8 of older.

1-24
              model # 12-750000
              machine # 80xxx
              25-32
              model # 750000
              machine # 14xxx

i was told they are 1958 (14xxx) and 1963 (80xxx) manafacture. dont know if that is accurate....

Comment

masternut, your link doesnt seem to work.
                at least not for me.
                could you, or someone else, try again?

Comment

I probably have the biggest gap differential in serial numbers of any brunswick center in the world. I have 8 machines in the 97xx range and 12 machines in the 106,xxx range. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
                  The older the part, the STRONGER it is.

Comment

hate to tell you this nirvava, but unless you literally mean 9,7xx to 106,xxx like you typed it in as, you dont have that much of a differnce.
                    be quite interesting if you do, a difference of close to 100,xxx , them machines would have to look quite different.

mine are 66,xxx difference from low to high. only difference is in pit cushion and how it hangs, lift rods, and y track, and the elect box is mounted so switch is in front. from the front you wouldnt be able to tell the difference other than elect box mounting.

Comment

http://www.bowltech.com/content/btub...ialNumbers.pdf

I think this is the web page not sure!
                      Thank You All! For All the prayers and and the out pouring of good spirits in my time of need greatly appreciated!

Comment

my seven are 18,XXX series

They turn 50 this year!

Comment

seven lane center? cool

Comment

Thanks. I think I have the only seven lane center in the US - maybe the world!!

Comment

Originally posted by c_thomas_2
                              hate to tell you this nirvava, but unless you literally mean 9,7xx to 106,xxx like you typed it in as, you dont have that much of a differnce.
                              be quite interesting if you do, a difference of close to 100,xxx , them machines would have to look quite different.

mine are 66,xxx difference from low to high. only difference is in pit cushion and how it hangs, lift rods, and y track, and the elect box is mounted so switch is in front. from the front you wouldnt be able to tell the difference other than elect box mounting.
                              I typed my serial numbers in correctly. I got 8 machines in the 9700 range and 12 in the 106,000 range. There's a heck of alot of differences. Green vs. grey machines, electrical box mounting like u have, 3 bolt vs. quick release frames, 1 vs. 2 piece pinwheel, scotch yokes vs. deck lowering links, model A rake cam vs. factory a-2 rake cam, real thick solid moving deck vs. lighter thinner moving decks that having sheet metal covering the back of the moving deck, welded deck post shafts vs. pressed in shafts, bazooka mounted on 10 pin side on a couple of older ones, different detector parts, factory style solenoid mounting and housings vs. converted style, tapered vs. straight rake crank rods, different vibrator shaft hardware on ends, submounting plates are 4 times wider on older ones, newer machines have the armor (metal) kickbacks instead of wood. Even lane ball track is designed a little different along with track support, 1 piece clapper box arm instead of 2 with the spacer in between, fiberglass vs. magnesium rake boards, 1 piece turret clutches vs. common 2 piece clutch, 3 turret spoons for each pin basket vs. one spoon. Turret wires are in 2 pieces older are older machines, 1 large turret belt tension spring vs. 2 spring adjustable set up, extra ear on deck lift shaft on 10 pin side. Deck torsion shaft has a plastic tube over shaft on newer ones. steel vs. aluminum spotting fingers, phenolic vs. fiber front kickback plates, rake stop brackets are way different. Some elevator pulleys are old style sheaves also. Newer machines have the turret bevel gear drive instead of pulley connected to end of jackshaft. steel vs. aluminum turret frames. Pinsetter frames are the nice 1 piece entire frame instead of the split frame parts on every leg. There's a couple other minor things that are different between them also. The biggest difference in general besides the color of the pinsetters and age in my opinion is that the older machines are built tougher overall but the newer ones are more mechanic friendly and improvements have been made over the years except the parts that brunswick made more cost friendly to them. The big 3 they made more cost friendly which sucks is the 2 piece pinwheels, weaker moving decks and magnesium rake boards. I'm sure I'm missing a couple things on here but this is what's on the top of my head right now lol. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                              The older the part, the STRONGER it is.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X