Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out Of Range

Okay Guys, I am running A-1's and i have a machine that will not quit going out of range, i have cleaned the gearbox and checked and rechecked my detector but it just goes out of range too much during open & league play. Please help [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]

Re: Out Of Range

when the oor happens is there actually an oor or is it detecting standing pins or a strike as an oor?

alex
    Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
    Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
    Cloth: ShamWow!
    Machine: Johnny 5
    Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

You need to be a little more specific ... is the clutch stopping with the OOR stop lever under it, or is it just that the rake's not sweeping when it should? More info will get you better answers [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Kevin

Comment

It Stoped At 270 and waits for you to use the OOR lever. It is not a true out of range

-T

Comment

Two things to look at, for starters:

Put machine at 180, waiting for pins. Check your dashpot adjustment (clutch latch face should be aligned with the center of the X pin in the reset lever) If too low, clutch could disengage at wrong time (270) Adjustment is made by loosening allen screw in collar and moving it on time delay stem. If latch is too low, collar is too high.

While you're there, check for the 1/4" gap between the release lever and the stop arm. Too big of a gap can cause clutch to disengage at 270:

Hope one of these helps:

Kevin

Comment

Tony, You might have to change your detector. If the link assembly (12-100350) is broken your pinsetter will tend to stop at 270. Paul from Harbor
            I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

Another Update,

I have installed a new bracket and detector and made the adjustements and i still see out of range call which are not true ?

Thanks

Comment

How long has the machine been doing this. And was there any change in parts prior to it acting up. Try to retrace what happened and ask everyone who works in back if they worked on that lane.

msbowl [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

The only other person that ever did work on the machine no longer works in our center , i do know that he did NOT do any preventive manitance on the machines. so i truely have know clue what he has or has not done to the machines... I have been the only person doing the machine work since ...

Tony [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

I agree with Keven...check to make sure the latch is not relocking under the pin on the reset lever at 180...also, when you adjust the dashpot...make sure the machine is actually at 180...if the gearbox clutch is out of adjustment, you may not be getting the proper adjustment...model A's are not as picky on this adjustment as A2's are...but it's worth checking out.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                    our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                    Working...
                    X