Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1-1 dissassembly

What is the best way to dissassemble a 1-1 assy? 1-1 assy is off the machine, and needs a new keyway. I installed a spare on the machine, so no real hurry.

Re-assembly is not a problem as I have a 20 ton hydraulic press. Great idea Mike!

Manual reccomends a "Holl-O-Ram". Anyone seen/have/know where I can get one? Do I need it?

I need the procedure for removing rake cam hub, MD/scissor cam, bearing, and extended cycle cams.

I have a gear puller but it won't budge the parts. The only thing I have to heat it up with is a propane torch, and that dosn't help either.
    <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Re: 1-1 dissassembly

Adam...I took some C-Channell just like your press has for the moveable support. I cut up the channell so I could make a 12X12 square and still have it support in the press. I don't have the 20 ton version...I have the 12 ton version. I then had some 3/8 inch flat steel plate cut in half that measured 13X13. I use this to slip between the detector support plate and the M/D scissor cam. It is all supported by the moveable 12X12 support plate. I then press the M/D Scissor cam off by applying pressure with the press and heating the cam a little with a good torch. Usually no heat is needed, but sometimes it is. The entire 1:1 fits into this 12X12 moveable support. All of the items can be removed with a little manuevering of the items until everything is off. I also purchased a bearing seperator from Harbor Freight...

<a href="http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=3979" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=3979" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=3979" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=3979" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=3979" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=3979" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=3979" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=3979" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=3979" target="_blank">http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=3979</a></a></a></a></a></a></a></a></a>

I found this tool very helpful in disassembling this and other parts. Hope this helps...
    TSM & TSM Training Development
    Main Event Entertainment
    480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Brunsace:
      The best method is to pull the spur gear, then cover. At that point you need to support the recycle cams on the press table with a 1 3/4" ID bore back up. Then simply press shaft through hub, cams and gear.
      To try to pull the moving deck, sissors cam with a puller is asking for trouble, owing to the fact no two jaw puller will work, plus you are pulling from the outer periphery of the cam, which will bend it or break it. My personal press is a 40 ton with a 2 or 3 jaw combination with a 8" to 13" reach, attached at the head for pulling the gears.
      Roscoe.
      rfm

Comment

I have a 20 ton A frame press that I find very little use for since I bought a 17" reach 3 jaw puller at a auto parts store for $135.00. This baby pulls everything the main gear, MD/scissor cam and that pesky 4:1 hub with no problem.
        John B
        ------------
        just fix it

Comment

BrunsAce

I don't have a press or a "holl a ram", only place I've seen one of those is in the old books. I did have some luck with an impact wrench. Locked the plate in the vise, put the gear puller on the gear and used a socket with the impact. It came off easy, maybe because the keyway was worn. Make sure you use a socket made for impact wrench. Works with 4:1 too.

Comment

Hey TPJ, are you able to put the assembly back together the same way with the 3 jaw puller? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

msbowl [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

msbowl, Ok your right I do have to use the press for reassembly. After I posted I realized I forgot about reassembly thought I might be able to slide by. But noooo got caught and I knew I would being in present company. You guys don't let any thing slide by and that's a good thing. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
              John B
              ------------
              just fix it

Comment

Think your 20 ton press is more than sufficient...
                the most I've ever used is a 12 and have never had a problem.... Try this ... take the assy. and put it in the freezer for a few days before rebuilding it... then when you have it in the press heat the cam with torch while pushing the shaft... never had a problem [hundreds of them], even with the old 'otis' 1:1's where a tolerence meant something.....

jeff

Comment

jkacala,
                  I feel stupid. I have the old green otis' and I did not know of any tolerance, could you please explain.
                  John B
                  ------------
                  just fix it

Comment

I had a 12 ton but found it just a little weak in some areas so built a 50 ton out of 5x5 x 1/2 steel. For the movable support I used 2 I-Beams but drilled holes into it so I can extend the width to anything I want by using 3/4" threaded rod. I drilled 1" holes for the adjustments of moving it up and down and believe me this baby will press out anything. I had a friend that gave me a real good deal on a 50 ton air operated jack or I would have went with something a little smaller. It was actually real easy to weld together and saved me a fortune by doing it myself.

Drill
                    Drill

David Bolt
                    Champaign, IL
                    USBC Silver Coach
                    IBPSIA BOD
                    IBPSIA Advanced
                    Technical Certified
                    Pro Shops

Comment

TPJ, I was just curious about how you got the assembly back together. I figured if you pulled it apart with the puller then maybe you figured a way to put it back together the same way. Im only asking cause I dont have a press. NOT BY MY CHOICE THO. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]

msbowl [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

msbowl
                        I have a press, I just don't use it that much until last week. My DM tech decided that I should rebuild 1:1s and 4;1s for everybody in our district since I have a press and have the experience. My advice to you would be to either get one cheap (harbor frieght) or do the freeze and heat trick, which by the way does work rather well. Or you could try a BFH.
                        John B
                        ------------
                        just fix it

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                        1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                        First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                        our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                        Working...
                        X