Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deck lowering hook hits pinsetter frame

Here is one we are working on. The deck lowering hook on #15 hits the pinsetter frame during a forward stroke. It has hit the frame so hard that it put a dent into it. The deck lowering hook is a new one, but it is not Brunswick. We purchased it from another supplier. When it hits the frame, the whole gearbox moves about a half of an inch. Boy, that is scary. Anyone have any similar experiences? Thanks for reading.
    Howard

Re: Deck lowering hook hits pinsetter frame

Your lowering hook is set too high. On one end of the shat where the hook mechanisim is, there is an adjustment bolt. Follow the link into the detector. You should see about a 1/8" gap between the block on the lowering hook selector, and the lowering hook controller.

Adjust until you have a 1/8" gap at 0 degrees.

I have 1 machine that has a dent in it from this and this was the cause.
    <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Comment

I would ask why is it new? Because the old one broke? If it did, you are looking at a problem with the eccentric ring itself. It may have deformed when it broke the lowering hook you had on before. But the real question is why did the old one break? Usually I find the eccentric ring hangs up on the crank assy due to sludge that has built up over the years or from lack of lubrication has caused the crank assy to become scarred. I would remove the eccentric ring and clean and inspect the crank surface and see how it looks. If everything is in good shape, clean everything up and replace it. Keep everything well lubed and your hook should never hit the frame again...
      TSM & TSM Training Development
      Main Event Entertainment
      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

We put a new one on because the hold one wore down to the point it slipped off coming up. Thanks for the reply.
        Howard

Comment

Gentlemen:
          JBEES has this one nailed. When you break the hook, the pipe will be dented. This is from the eccentric rotating upwards at 270 setting pins, owing to a slight bind in the assembly. Indeed when making any adjustment on the eccentric, I slowly run the mch. through the pinsetting cycle, to ensure the ring moves freely. To tight on the U bolt, on low linage machines can also cause the problem.
          Roscoe.
          rfm

Comment

I agree...however if it's been replaced and lubed...I'd look at the adjustment of the ecentric ring itself...if it's not ajusted properly...the hook will hit the frame...that's likely what broke it in the first place.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
            Working...
            X