Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deck Post Pin

The long deck post pin(where the cable pullies are)is bent,noticed it while replacing a broken detector spring,from the front view it looks straight but from the side view it is bent.Besides removing the cables,deck cap bearing, i suppose i need to use a mini sledge hammer to pound it out and back in right?
    It 's not a major bend BUT you can only see it from the side and i want to get it off before a stress crack becomes more of a problem.
    Use what you have to,to get it through the shift then fix it right.Do it right and live through the night...Safety first!

Re: Deck Post Pin

Gearhead:
    Need to know if your deck posts are of the square model, or of the round cast type.
    If the square model, no problem, just remove the snap rings and the pin. If however, they are the round models, I would suggest you forget it, as the shaft is not a hardened item, thus poses no stress crack potential. Add to the fact, that some of those pins require somewhere in the area of twenty tons to press them out. If indeed, your not able to obtain correct deck cable adjs, you will have to change it.
    Hope of some help.
    Roscoe.

Comment

gearhead
      If I were you I would go ahead and remove the deck post too since you'll have all that stuff off anyway. It will be alot easier to remove the pin if your on a vise or press. Just banging away on that post the deck will have alot of give to it and it will be twice as hard to get the pin out.
      John B
      ------------
      just fix it

Comment

If you have round deck posts...you will likley need to use a press to remove it. 3 more bolts and you have it out...get a spare shaft ready and take it to get it pressed out and have the new one pressed in. Having a press in the shop is an invaluable tool...you might consider purchasing one...they are affordable if you look around. I bought mine at Harbor Fright when it was on sale. Under 100 bucks...best money I ever spent for a tool...good luck.
        TSM & TSM Training Development
        Main Event Entertainment
        480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Round deck posts.I'll have to get some new spares,one for each side.Just what i wanted to do....but a nut getting those deck post bolts loose!But,ya gotta do what ya gotta do!
          Use what you have to,to get it through the shift then fix it right.Do it right and live through the night...Safety first!

Comment

Like i said,round posts.Guess what...i have another one bent,what could cause this?,just the age and lack of maintenance before i got here??
            I'm puzzled. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]
            Do i need to replace both posts with the square models or can i leave one old post on and just have the new one installed.

Comment

gearhead
              The answer is no you don't have to replace both. I've got one that has been that way for 10 years with no problems. I wish I still had the round one after you put your deck shield back on you'll see what I mean when you get to that lower bolt. It no longer screws into the post. You now have 2 brackets welded to one post.
              John B
              ------------
              just fix it

Comment

TPJ:
                Most common cause is cranking a gearbox the wrong way, in a jammed condition. Seen 1-1 covers split by doing this.
                Roscoe.

Comment

MNSCORER
                  You know those days that you are feeling a little lazy and you come in to find a deck jammed at zero cables still on, so you hit the motor start relay to get the deck down. Well I guess I won't be doing that any more. Bending THAT shaft and/or spliting 1:1 covers Holy Moly guess I've just been lucky. Thank You for bring that to my attention [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
                  John B
                  ------------
                  just fix it

Comment

Never bypass the safetys of the pinsetter by pushing on a motor contactor or motor start relay. If they won't pull in on thier own...something is wrong. I've seen quite a few broken 1:1's over the years because "experienced" mechanics thought they knew what they were doing. Then they call someone to give them a hand changing a 1:1 because now, they really DON'T know what they should do.

Like you said TPJ...lucky you haven't broke anything before now...some of us just have all the luck...lol [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                    TSM & TSM Training Development
                    Main Event Entertainment
                    480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                    our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                    Working...
                    X