Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash Pot

Hello: I have a problem with 1 of my A-2's, in the past couple of weeks I've had to adjust the dash pot, becuase after the first ball the machine would cycle throught the second ball and set new pins. I've looked it over and can't find anything wearing out or loose. Is there something I should be looking for. Has anyone ever had this problem before? Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.
    Wags

Re: Dash Pot

Wags:
    Take a close look at the reset lever and the actuator lever. Both of them are known for cracking. Also check condition of the#10-229453 pin and the 12-100030-002 roller for excess wear, as well as look at the tip of your dashpot adjusting screw for problems.
    Hope of some help.
    Roscoe.
    rfm

Comment

Check the bearing on the front of the reset lever. These have been known to just have a piece missing off and unless actually seeing it this would be the last thing to check.

msbowl [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Had a similar situation a few weeks ago after replacing a 1 to 1. Everything checked out when I was finished, but as soon as I pulled in the driveway at home, I got a call saying it was sweeping away spares. I went back and investigated. The problem turned out to be the plunger lever(12-100465). The hole that the master link goes through was worn and when the machine cycled, the dashpot would turn just enough to cause the master link to bind in the plunger lever. The spare I had was an original cast iron piece that will never wear out. I did take the worn lever and bolted a round slotted piece of steel to it(similar to the plunger on the solenoid) and reused it in another machine without the master link. Works like a charm. I am considering doing the same thing to the rest of the machines to avoid future problems.
        Idiocracy

Comment

I agree with Roscoe. I had a machine doing the same thing, and couldn't find anything wrong. I ended up sitting on top of it, and saw a crack in my reset lever. It only widened when the machine was cycling. I'd start looking there, then look at the bearing on the end to be sure it's still intact. I've had machines where the inner race was the only thing left on the bearing, somehow still running after a dashpot adjustment...not recommended... :p

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
          our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
          Working...
          X