Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turret Problems

Ok here is the problem.. The pins are releasing to the deck when the deck already has a full set of pins in it.. this causes some nice deck jams..

Any Ideas??

Re: Turret Problems

Ken,

check to see if the interlock latch is latching. It located on the back of the turret frame just forward of the turret jam switch. There is a spacer in there that will wear out or the latch itself will wear out and not let the full deck\moving deck blocking finger to keep the turret from double loading the deck. It could also be the height of the turret. If it is too high on the front when the deck lowers to strike height it will trip the latch and stop the machine at 180. then the turret will release more pins to the deck. thus causing a deck jam.

Good luck!

William

Comment

Ken:
      Wmjs, got you on the right track, watch the latch lock rearward after pins dump. Should only go back 1/16" max, after hook drops on roller, any more and it tends to pull itself off on return. Check the probe to blocking finger alignment, with the deck on floor, setting pins. The top of probe should be even with the top of blocking fingers. Most often the roller on the 180 link is bent up slightly so the cam on turret misses it. However its possible for the square that is welded on the 180 link that contacts the full deck blocking finger, rides around the finger, resulting in double decks. May seem off the wall, but check to see the turret jam micro is shutting off instantly. Many times a 8 or 9 pin will lift turret on spare stroke and unlock the full deck latch. Also you have to run a bushing in the front of the link.
      Roscoe.
      rfm

Comment

Gently bending up on the probe gets my vote. Gently. GenTLY. GENTLY!! They can snap if stressed too much.

...rob
        Space is the Place!

Comment

I also just recently observed this problem. I had to replace the long link (the long bar shaped kind of like a question mark) because it was not travelling back far enough to latch. If this is the case, and you don't have a spare good long link, they can be --gently-- bent at the curve to make them longer. Make sure that the pin that locks the 180 interlock down is good, and that the whole mechanism is clean and well lubed. Make sure that your "turtle shell" (bottom turret cover) is on, otherwise deck jams in the 8 pin bucket can bend the long link.
          The long term cost of inaction is greater than the percieved short term convenience.

Comment

Here is another thing to check for 10 on 10 problems. The xpin (or bolt) that goes through the turret frame and holds the bellcrank for the long link might be bent. I have had this happen several times in the past. If it gets bent just a little, then the bell crank can bind up and not allow the long link to go back far enough to catch on the latch. The pin or bolt (depending on what machine you have) can get bent from pins on the deck.
            Just another thing to check on. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
            Working...
            X