Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few things

(1) Are all wormshafts the same,60:1?Don't they sell 2 different wormshafts or is that no longer.Series 83,000-86,000 machines is what i have.
    (2) Jap.accelerator relays,i ordered a few and it seems i got motor start relays,2 contacts not the 3 contacts the old relay uses.,i hooked up the new relay and now it doesn't come on unless i turn it on at the control box on the accelerator.,the off mode is now to turn it on.Every wire is hooked up exactly the same as the old relay was and double checked with lanes 11/12.If you put the relays side by side they are different,new one is taller with 2 contacts,old relay is smaller with 3 contacts,how do i get the original contacts for my Japs?Accelerator will not come on via the counter or turning the machines on from the back.The book say's the relay is for both motor start and accelerator but ????
    2 different photos of relays are shown for motor start and accelerators with only one number given 12-862380.,i remember putting those in where i worked last for motor start relays.
    (3)Accelerator motors....any other motor besides the GE model they sell?Those motors don't last past 4 months!!Bearings are crap,put in a new one and took it out within a week due to bad bearings.I don't want GE anymore!!It's not holding up.,unless i get the new motor and go get better bearings then install it but i'm paying for the heavy duty so reguardless it should last a LONG-LONG time.Bearings start to growl/whine rather loudly.
    I didn't intend to bash GE,i just want a motor that lasts.
    Thanks for reading my post and for advice.
    [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]
    Use what you have to,to get it through the shift then fix it right.Do it right and live through the night...Safety first!

Re: A few things

That number for the relay is correct. It should only have 2 sets of contacts. Double check that you have the wiring correct coming from the plug on the electrical box, to the coil. Also make sure that the 24 volts also is connected to the cannon plugs going to the power lift box. Double check to make sure that the high voltage legs are on the top lugs and the leads to the motor are going on the bottom lugs. You did not mention if your original boxes had 1 or 2 relays. All the machines I have worked on have two relays. One for each lane. I have worked on both american and jap machines, and this is the way all the control boxes were wired. Hope this help you out. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

Comment

like previous post says check 24v circuit. If ok, then check wiring for relays. Points should be wired in paralell. I hope that word is spelled correctly, I get confused.(paralell) Make sure the switch in control accelerator control box is wired correctly also.

good luck

Comment

There are 2 different wormshafts. 60:1 and 27:1. If they are on the machine you will notice that the motor pulley is 3" dia. for the motor to gearbox belt if it is 27:1. If the wormshaft or the bronze gear is on the shelf you have to look close to tell the difference. The machine serial number may not tell the whole story. At one point in history Brunswick sold the 27:1 setup as an upgrade to save energy.

Comment

27:1 gear boxes have a yellow tag on them stating such...real easy to see. 27:1 gear boxes started with serial number 109000...so, based on your serial numbers you stated above...I don't think I would worry about that problem.
          TSM & TSM Training Development
          Main Event Entertainment
          480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

If I remember correctly, a 27:1 worm input will actually allow the gearbox to coast, ie. won't stop the deck from moving when power is removed, hence another reason for the yellow tags.

I also remember working on some Jap A-2s that used a three phase motor on the accelerator, tho' I'm not sure it was original.
            The long term cost of inaction is greater than the percieved short term convenience.

Comment

Check the end of the worm shaft if you have one out. 27:1 has 2 entry points on the worm, 60:1 has 1.
              Idiocracy

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
              Working...
              X