Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never...NEVER...Let a manager run the lane machine

Just a bit of humor this GOOD FRIDAY....Never let a manager run the lane machine. I allowed this to happen twice with disastrous consequences...The first time was before the first day of our late shift Monday league. We had a problem with a machine with a blown time delay...manager told me to fix it and he'd run the lanes. He gets the Phoneix S out, and starts doing the lanes. I get done, and he is halfway done, emptied recovery tank, and I get there to put it back in...run the rest, clean up machine, and put it away. Well, practice starts, and I get a 180 call on 18. About the time I get to 18, I'm getting all kinds of 180 calls from 17 up to 32. I climb up on 18, and to my horror, see all kinds of slimy gray crap all over the pins...he forgets to secure the recovery tank hose, and the machine dumped the gunk all over the pindecks. Before I know it, lanes 17-32 are ALL stuck in a 180 stop. I have about 20 people here helping now...I have 5 wiping pins, 5 cleaning cc belts, and the rest wiping pin decks with towels. I get the Phoenix back out and run a backend strip to clean all the backends off. After about a half hour, we get back to bowling...needless to say, this was a FUN night. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

Re: Never...NEVER...Let a manager run the lane machine

OK now for manager disaster, part II....I come in to work night shift, and find the manager again running lanes (day shift guy called off). The manager decides to run through some late open bowling going on. He gets to lane #18, running through some open play, and forgets to shut the lane off. Yep, you guessed it, before I could turn off the lane, the machine gets under the deck, tripping the time delay, and here we go!!!! The deck lowers, detects out of range, but the OOR adjustment was off, so the rake tries sweeping. We get the machine shut down, and the deck is sitting on top of the phoenix. Well, we take off the rake board, turn power on, and get the deck off the phoenix. I replace the rake board, and go up top to check things out. All I find (very luckily) is a broken crank rod, which I replaced with a collapsible rod (manager was asking why I preferred collapsible rods). I look over at the manager, who is standing in front of machine watching me and politely say "now you see why I prefer collapsible rods"....and this is why I say NEVER NEVER let a manager run the lane machine..... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] :p

Comment

Re: Never...NEVER...Let a manager run the lane machine

I'm telling my mommy on you, you got me all a skeert.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
      1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
      First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
      our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
      Working...
      X