Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball Pref. problems

Having trouble with ball pref. on A/2,s... have false triggering ( locking ) due to impact from ball on odd lane. Has anyone else had this and if so what did you do?

thanks
    Coby
    ANYONE WHO HAS NEVER MADE A MISTAKE HAS NEVER TRIED ANYTHING NEW

Re: Ball Pref. problems

Hey Coby;
    We have had issues like this before, if the preference adjustments are ok, check for excesssive play in the ball joints, A good check is to connect Y-switch spring from y-switch to pref. rod adjuster. If the problem goes away - too much play!
    [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
    Doing full time work, part-time.
    Dale
    It takes less time to do it right than it does to explain why you did it wrong!

Comment

ALLSO CHACK FOR TRACK AND SUPPORTS SOMTIMES A SEMILUSE TRACK WILL COUSE THIS

Comment

I have a mod for the preference system I have been using for the last 12 years or so. If you are interested...I can shoot you a couple of pics. Simple mod that allows you to adjust the relationship of the pivot point of the ball stop hook and the center line of the spring that is used to hold the hook in its position.
        TSM & TSM Training Development
        Main Event Entertainment
        480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Steve, how about posting the pics for all to see. I have been using Roscoe's method ,with great results. Would be curious to see how your modification is similar and/or different to Roscoe's.

Mark
          There is light at the end of the tunnel - just be sure it is not a train.

Comment

Originally posted by JBEES:
            I have a mod for the preference system I have been using for the last 12 years or so. If you are interested...I can shoot you a couple of pics. Simple mod that allows you to adjust the relationship of the pivot point of the ball stop hook and the center line of the spring that is used to hold the hook in its position.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Steve, If you don,t mind, would you post the pic,s,,

Thanks
            Coby

Comment

I thought I had some pics of this mod on my computer...but I can't find any. I will click a few off tomorrow when I go in.
              Main Event Entertainment

Comment

Thanks steve....
                Peanut

Comment

OK...here goes.

This image shows the original design in an unlocked position. Note the distance between the center lines of the spring and the pivot point of the hook.

What keeps this in the unlocked position is the fact that the center line of the spring is above the center line of the pivot point. Next we will look at an alternative way of holding the hook in an open position. Note the difference from the first photo to the second photo of the center lines...

With the added distance between the center lines, it becomes more difficult for the hook to re-lock after a ball has rolled over the release lever on the odd lane. Even if there is a bounce in the system, the amount the hook must move to re-lock (center lines pass by each other) is much greater than before the modification. What is nice about this modification is that it is adjustable, so you can set the relationship between the center lines anywhere you like.

Here are before and after pics of the hook in a locked position also...

Now you are asking what this modification is...it is quite simple. Just a bracket made of 3/16 inch thick steel with 2 each 1/4 inch holes drilled into it. Here is a pic of the finished product.

Any questions...feel free to ask.
                  Main Event Entertainment

Comment

Steve:
                    Any problems with 6 lb balls overcoming the additional strength of the spring?
                    Roscoe
                    rfm

Comment

Steve,
                      Very interesting.

Comment

Roscoe...I seem to have "misplaced" the picture I took showing the added spring and where it is attached. To answer your question...yes...so I added a 12-252330 spring to counter-balance the added tension on the spring. With that installed, I have yet to have a 6 pounder hang out and order lunch...lol
                        Main Event Entertainment

Comment

If the ball stop spring post on the even lane is bent such as to reduce spring tension, then when ball rolls along track on odd lane and trips
                          the lever it may flip back up causing a preferrence lock out, I discovered this on lanes 39 and 40 after having adjusted the turnbuckle
                          several times.

Comment

Originally posted by JBEES:
                            OK...here goes.

This image shows the original design in an unlocked position. Note the distance between the center lines of the spring and the pivot point of the hook.

What keeps this in the unlocked position is the fact that the center line of the spring is above the center line of the pivot point. Next we will look at an alternative way of holding the hook in an open position. Note the difference from the first photo to the second photo of the center lines...

With the added distance between the center lines, it becomes more difficult for the hook to re-lock after a ball has rolled over the release lever on the odd lane. Even if there is a bounce in the system, the amount the hook must move to re-lock (center lines pass by each other) is much greater than before the modification. What is nice about this modification is that it is adjustable, so you can set the relationship between the center lines anywhere you like.

Here are before and after pics of the hook in a locked position also...

Now you are asking what this modification is...it is quite simple. Just a bracket made of 3/16 inch thick steel with 2 each 1/4 inch holes drilled into it. Here is a pic of the finished product.

Any questions...feel free to ask.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Is this the spacer from the wiper spring
                            Coby

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                            Working...
                            X