• Show
Clear All

• Powerlift Drive Belts

A buddy of mine has Brunswick powerlifts at his
    center about 8 of them have their flat drive belts
    converted over to what he calls a serpentine belt
    he explained them as having ribs in the belt,
    anyhow let's get to his problem, he say's all 8
    of these powerlifts have a belt squeel [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif[/img]
    the only way he can make them stop squeeling is
    to dampen the belt with water, I told him to try
    a teflon spray [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] I wish I had powerlifts so I could help him, anyone else experience this problem, if so what was your solution

Re: Powerlift Drive Belts

I have a hearing problem but my bowlers keep me informed of noises. I have used fine sand paper on the pulleys which seems to work. Also make sure the belts are not too loose.

Comment

The belts you are talking about are called poly - V belts. I have tightened, loosened, sanded, applied anti- belt squeal and nothing works for long except a new belt.
      John B
      ------------
      just fix it

Comment

Make sure everything is lined up properly...Check the spacing on the top pulley esspecially...if they aren't running straight...they will make noise.

Comment

I agree with the line up of belt,
          move your belt over 1 rib at a time and turn back on and listen,you may have to loosen motor pulley and move in or out some. You want to get the belts to track as close to centers of each other as possible.

Peanut
          Peanut

Comment

HEY JIM

TELL HIM TO TRY A BIT OF BELT DRESSING.
            SOUNDS AS THOUGH THIS IS LIKE ONE OF MINE.
            A LITTLE SQUEAKY AND STARTED SLIPPING........

IF HE CANT GET ANY RIGHT AWAY, TELL HIM TO COME BY MY PLACE AND HE CAN BARROW A CAN OF MINE.

JEFF KUHNLE
            TWIN OAKS LANES
            TOLEDO OHIO
            WE ARE NOW REALLY TWIN OAKS LANES.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
            Working...
            X