Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urethene Foam Lift Rod Cover

My question is:

Has anyboddy tried the urethene foam lift rod cover from Brc( in the new advanced parts catalog). I was thinking about purchasing some but wanted to know how well the product does and if its better than the gum and urethene lift rod covers.

All imput and opinions help [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Urethene Foam Lift Rod Cover

To answer your question I have used the foam lift rod covers and I am very happy with them. We have a very high lineage center and I put new covers on one lane over 6 months ago and they work fine and they still look just like new. They are pretty hard to put on. I put them on just like the rubber ones. Clean and paint the rods,put baby powder on the rods and inside the covers. Then use an air compressor and put the first one on the long rod as far as you can,then tape the next rod cover to the first,so the air doesn't leak and push hard. You're going to have to have someone help you because they go on very hard.I leave the rod cover on the top of the corners and so far there isn't any wear at all. GOOD LUCK!

Comment

Can't believe you had so much trouble getting the new covers on. To quote Brunswick "So incredibly flexable and easy to install, you can even do it yourself!"
      Guess they really never tried to install a set.

Comment

Hooboy, I haven't tried changing any, yet, and the Boss says it can be a real bugger. BUT, I have an idea or 2 and plan to check them out. If I can find an easier way I'll let it be known, in the mean time I'll just hope for the best...

Comment

OK...for those of us who don't rate and didn't receive this advanced parts catalog...what's the part number? How did you get this new parts catalog?
          TSM & TSM Training Development
          Main Event Entertainment
          480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Steve, ours came with the new 2002 parts book fron our dist.

Don't have the P/N here right now though..
            <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Comment

Steve:
              Form#0601-01
              Roscoe.
              rfm

Comment

Has anyone else tried the Urethane Foam Lift Rod covers? We will be getting some for the summer.

Comment

p/n= 90-400048-006 18" for $45.95. requires 3 per rod for complete coverage.

Looks expensive to me, but if they work well they will be worth the cost.

Comment

i bought 2 sets. went to install first pair and it exploded on me [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img] . so only got to do one lift rod. it went on this time pretty easy but i got to put wire tie the cover where its two pieces(they spread apart).

i personally dont care for em. look good on the sbe's though.

Comment

vantage also has a lift rod cover all you have to do is cut your old foam off and take some dish soap and wipe on the rods and pour a little into the holes and slides right on if you have two people only takes a few minutes to do. they only sell them in pairs &amp; there kind of expensive but well worth the money

Comment

Be Careful when using liquids to aid in installing covers. The rods will rust and make it nearly impossible to rotate the covers when they become worn. Replacement becomes extremely difficult as well.
                        <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                        1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                        First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                        our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                        Working...
                        X