Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deck rollers,do you.....

Since i cannot create a poll i'll try this.
    Do you or do you not lube the deck rollers and if you do what do you use to lube them?
    Deck roller x-pins wear out too,they get worn down,dirty,rusty and can help lead to jams by not spinning freely,i use never seaze on them with no trouble in years,rubber rollers or not.I remove them all for close up inspection since just by looking one cannot 100% tell it's condition,they have small cracks etc that may lead to trouble later on,so....do you or don't you?
    Mind you,the never seaze has never yet attracted dirt/dust to cause a problem for me,they just work much better that metal on metal contact.
    Use what you have to,to get it through the shift then fix it right.Do it right and live through the night...Safety first!

Re: Deck rollers,do you.....

I use a moly grease. It dose not dry out and seems to last for a year or so. A little goes a long way.

Comment

Quarterly lubrication point with oil. I haven't had any problems with deck rollers except the white ones...I don't like them at all..I inspect the rollers during annual inspection. A flashlight under the deck will show any cracks in the rubber. I might try the "never seaze" on a few lanes just to see how well it works.
      TSM & TSM Training Development
      Main Event Entertainment
      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

I think the only problem i've had with deck rollers is that they swell up and crack. Usually the crack is through and through and about half or three quarters of the way around the roller. Or they've been out of round and let the pin fall through half the time. But I cant recall one ever seizeing up on me. Ive used the white ones for about a year and havent had any noticeable problems. I'm curouis about the ones that dont roll at all. Do they cause blackouts, or are they just as good as the ones that do roll?

William

Comment

I do a check under the decks (about every 3 months) for loose rollers, scissor rubbers, loose or bent fingers,protruding socket screws ,missing geneva rollers etc. I never oil them, when I tried this the junior mechs got oil all over the pindecks & you get OORs. This check takes about 3 min per machine and saves a lot of stops.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
          our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
          Working...
          X