Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 amp fuse,Jap a-2s

Where can i get the 2 amp fuses for my Japs?Radio Shack,Sears,local electrical have nothing.And why do Japs need 2 amps and Americans 1 amps??
    Oh i can find the 2 amps but not same size!,these 'lil buggers are fairly small compared to the usual sizes.
    Can i change the fuse holder to a larger style or ?
    Brunswick etc do not have the original 2 amp jobbers.Also,for the 5 amp fuse should it be of a slow blo nature or fast acting?I would assume fast acting.
    Thanks for replying!
    These fuses look like the older car fuse styles.
    Use what you have to,to get it through the shift then fix it right.Do it right and live through the night...Safety first!

Re: 2 amp fuse,Jap a-2s

Any fast acting 2 or 5 amp fuse will do the job. If you want to change the fuse holder so you can use a common style fuse...go for it. You will find it cheaper in the long run to do so. The important part of a fuse is the filament and when that filament will melt. How long or wide the glass is will make no difference in how the fuse will work. As far as why the Japanese version uses larger fuses, the transformer is rated at a higher wattage rating. My belief is it was being prepared for possible future additions like auto-scoring and other as of yet unknowns...like quick drop rakes from Zot. The Japanese transformer is better equipped to handle such add-ons. If you have to replace a Japanese transformer and you end up using an American replacement...be sure you change the value of your fuses to match the new transformer. I've seen a few guys burn up new transformers in Japanese machines and wonder why...they always comment that it's a new transformer...why did it die. They didn't change the fuses to match the maximum current rating of the new transformer. Good luck...
    TSM & TSM Training Development
    Main Event Entertainment
    480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
    our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
    Working...
    X