Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Deck/ Scissor Latch

I have a machine that will not pick up standing pins, the scissors will not close. It looks to me like the Moving Deck/ Scissor latch is binding against the side of the mounting plate.
    My question is, is there an easy way to get at the bolt that holds this thing on so I can remove and replace it?
    Should I pull the detector?
    The latch is held on with the old style hex head latch stud.
    You only need 2 tools...WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it should't, use the tape.

Re: Moving Deck/ Scissor Latch

It sounds to me that your detector rod is out of adjustment. Cycle the pinsetter to 90 degrees detecting a strike, check the strikecam follower to see if it is in the low of the cam. If not, lift the block out of way to allow it to find the low of cam. adjust the detector rod with the pinsetter in this position. To answer your question you can get to the bolt through the scissors cam. There is a hole in mine that I can get to the bolt. I do have to take the rake cam off though.

Comment

Russ:

Don't pull the flag out without checking this first ... changing one on the machine ... don't want to unless it's really the cause!!

At 0, pull the X-pin out of the selector and check the flag's range of motion. Most likely cause is one of the guide pins holding the detector mounting plate to the side cover has backed out, if it stops where you can see a round metal pin binding on it ... hate to say it, but you have to pull the 1/1. You can drive the pin back in, if you find the right spot in the MD/Scissor cam to get the punch through, but the problem will return all too soon. Had one like this myself, pissed me off to have to pull a perfectly good 1/1 over something like this, but there's no permanent cure:

Kevin

Comment

Kevin:

You nailed this one on the head. The pin on the gearbox cover was backed out, it was so covered with grease that I couldn't see it. I pounded it back in, just need to get through this weekends provincial Coka Cola finals for the kids, and then it is on my list of summer projects to pull the 1 to 1.

Russ
        You only need 2 tools...WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it should't, use the tape.

Comment

I also have had this annoying little pin cause headaches! My remedy was to clean the exposed part of the pin with contact cleaner, apply a couple drops of Loc-tite. I drove the pin back into the mounting plate. I then used a small chisel to "cleat" the pin and plate together. Has lasted 10 years now!

billman
          let me be myself

Comment

Didn't look close enough at the time, but maybe you could get the nozzle of a small MIG gun in there, and tack the pin to the cover???

You live better than me bill ... I staked the pin when I found it loose, but it worked its way out again in a few months [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

Kevin

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
            Working...
            X