Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEAK 120 VAC CONTACTOR

Hello there to everyone, it’s been awhile since I gotten to check the message boards I have been busy remolding a Sports Bar in our center.

I have a question for everyone, I recently purchased several 120vac motor contactors (12-900201-000) from Brunswick and I think I got a batch of bad ones and I was wondering if any of you have been having trouble with them lately. The brand names on these are Deltrol Controls. The Problem that I am having is that after about 2 or 3 weeks they seem to get weak and will open while the machine is on. Just 3 weeks ago I installed one of these contactors and it lasted 3weeks to the day and then the same old thing.

Anyway I just was wondering if anyone else has had a problem like this out of these contactors.

Thanks
    Doug
    [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]

Re: WEAK 120 VAC CONTACTOR

check motor start relay

Comment

Hey guys sorry I made an error on that part number it is 12-862111-000. It seems as if though that the coil winding are not holding up as good as the old Federal Pasific and Bradley Contactor. This is not a new thing to our center or other centers in our area that use this contactor and I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem out in the big world.

Doug,
      Forget bowling machines a becomeing sports bar builders.
      Ps My pinchasser mistyped the part number before

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]

Comment

Here are a few things to check.
        First check your deck jam microswitch to make sure it is mounted tight and the cable tube is mounted tight so that the switch does not flicker when the deck shifts at 180.
        If you have a good contactor you could ohm it out and then ohm out a new contactor and check the readings.

Comment

Are you stating that they open and stay open or do they just flicker...like at 180 degrees?
          TSM & TSM Training Development
          Main Event Entertainment
          480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

FYI on this multi-forum post:

From General Discussion

Comment

There is nothing wrong with anything on our machines we are just getting bad coils. The machine will be running and the coil will open you can take a meter and watch the coil and when the coil cools it will close and the machine will restart.

Belive it or not we had another coil this week go bad.

We are going to buy up stock in the daltro coil company cause there business has got to be booming!

Doug [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]

Comment

Doug:
                What is the voltage reading at the coil under load? Suggest a digital meter for this application.
                Roscoe.
                rfm

Comment

Roscoe

The voltage is 120 at the coil. on the deltrol contactor is not as good as the old ones.
                  we never had this problem untill we started changing from guardian and federal pacific.

Doug

Comment

I have been replacing old contactors (Federal Pacific) for quite a while now and I have yet to have one fail. How long does it take for one to "open" and then to cool down and close again?
                    TSM & TSM Training Development
                    Main Event Entertainment
                    480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Steve

The new deltrol contactor when the coil opens it can take from 1 to 5 min. When it cools the machine will restart I did not run in to this problem untill latelty . I have worked on a-1 and a-2 since 1974.

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] Doug

Comment

Do the new contactors have a built in thermal overload switch on the activation coil? Any contactors I've worked with just have a continuous duty coil for activation that is not affected by the switched load. Do you have this problem on more than one machine and have you checked the contacts and connections on the motor start relay? I have only changed a couple of contactors in 25 years but I've seen a lot of problems that caused one to malfunction. Every thing from jam switches to bad solder joints to cracked fuse links on the 3.2 amp fuse. If the activation coil is black and crispy I'll believe the contactor is bad otherwise I'd keep looking elsewhere.

Comment

Just another quick thought, if you replaced with the kit which also has the motor overload relay did you match the heater coil to the pinsetter motor?

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                          our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                          Working...
                          X