Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yo-Yo trouble

Hi Everybody,

I have 24 lanes Center and I have ball return prob. Someone here use Carpet Strip on Ball Wheel???? give me any solution for that problems......

Thank.... :-)

Re: Yo-Yo trouble

Contact Ed Fox for a sample of his traction material.....

Jerry

Comment

We were using carpet strips on the ball elevator wheels. The carpet sheds as it wears and you have fuzzies all over the place. We got some of the cork strips from Ed Fox and that is what the head mechanic plans on using from now on. The cork strips seem to do the trick and no fuzzies all over the place.
      Howard

Comment

Hello: Ball problems can be a number of things, How far do you oil? How often do you change carpet covers? How often and what do you clean your ball wheel and lift rod rubber with? When was the last time you changed your lift rod rubber? Brunswick sells a thin traction rubber that has a sticky surface on 1 side to stick to the ball wheel. I use this on my ball wheels, clean daily, change carpet covers weekly and change lift rod rubber about every 5 years. Very rearly do I have a ball call. Oiling is a tricky thing just as any customer, we never get it right.
        Wags

Comment

Wags makes excellent points I would add not to forget your ball wheel adjustment since a wobbling ball wheel will definately give you some yo-yo.Also be sure your guide roller especially the grooved lower roller is in good condition.Good luck.

Comment

I don't think we run our lanes as slick as you guys but I have a firm rubber strip on all my ball wheels (about 12" long) with a feathered leading edge to feed the ball into the lift and prevent damage to the softer balls, I use regular contact adhesive to stick them on and I only have to restick one or two a month, I use old pit board covers cut up for this purpose.

Comment

Forgot to mention - scuff the ball wheel up slightly before sticking the strip on, I use an angle grinder, VERY LIGHTLY!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bowlmechuk:
                Forgot to mention - scuff the ball wheel up slightly before sticking the strip on, I use an angle grinder, VERY LIGHTLY!!!!
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Funny you should mention thet. I use an angle grinder with a cut off wheel installed on my wheels. Holding the grinder almost flat, I grind the wheel just enough to give a light texture. A 60 grit flap disk does almost as well. I very rarely have any ball return problems, and if I do, I just scuff the wheel a bit to restore the texture. The ball wheel is not rough enough to cause ball damage after this treatment. I do not use any strips on the wheel either. And this is with 42' fairly heavy oil.

The ball wheels also get cleaned daily with diluted Simple Green.
                <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                Working...
                X