Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rake Boards

After replacing 2 rake crank rods(bent like a boomerang)from kids hitting the rakes i was wondering if it's possible to use something like a foam/foam rubber for a pad like device on the front of the rake boards.Seems that it would lessen the impact or does it really not matter.They just happened to smack the rakes [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] at 180,imagine that.OH-i didn't see that it was moving,yah....right. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]
    I thought about trying some various pads.
    Does anyone know how many times a rake can be hit before a 4-1 or the hook selector bearing will crap out?,seems the selector would take a dump first due to the crappy bearings that are in in.

Work does'nt bother me,it's stupid customers!
    Use what you have to,to get it through the shift then fix it right.Do it right and live through the night...Safety first!

Re: Rake Boards

Gearhead,
    The only solution that I have to offer is the collapsable 4:1 crank rod. Due to the cause of the (boomerang) rod, the rod compresses to absorb the impact; and saves a lot of jumping too!
    Mark
    (919) 757-1789

Comment

first-customers we need, stupid customers(we all have) keep us busy when there's something else to do.

anyway you might check your "rake lowering stop adjustment." it sounds like the rake is falling behind the deck from the impact of the ball therefore 4:1 bent. also check the shot gun adjustments, make sure it is relocking.

if the bearing breaks on the selector, the rake hook may not let go at 225 degrees and pull back into the deck.

the collapsable 4:1 will save on bent rods but i feel it will not save the bearing in selector.

Comment

I agree that the rod will not save the bearing. The original dilema was ball impact during sweep motion. If the impact is @180, then check rake lowering stop adjustment (pg. 3-8) Book calls for 1/16"gap; I prefer no gap @180. No gap will cause the v lever to contact stop surface (if the rake trip latch is open)and pull the rear part of the rake trip shaft rearward enough to close the latch or back to one solid rod.
        Mark
        (919) 757-1789

Comment

i have aa few collapsable rods laying around and i never tried one , i never really had too much trouble with the rakes getting hit until we put our auto scoring in, seems like that is most of the problems that i have is when someone is correcting a score ,that's when the rake gets smacked.

Comment

I love the collasible rake links. It's just one less thing you have to worry about after you get them all installed. I have 30 out of 32 on now. Some have been on for 5 years or more. Just one thing I would suggest before installing. Take it apart and grease the spring, they tend to get sticky if they are not excercised much.
            John B
            ------------
            just fix it

Comment

Another thing about the collapsibles is check the washer that holds the rod in the tube from pulling out. Ive had this washer tear off the end on 2 off the machines. The spring stays inside after this but you get the same incident with the rod separating as if its was the original setup. Luckily Ive saved some of the best original ones until Ive rewelded the washer on. Ive got all 34 collapsibles on. Some have been on for years and others just been on. Finally was able to order enough to do the whole house.

msbowl

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
              Working...
              X