Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murrey curtains

I feel a little apprehensive writing this post. Don't get the wrong idea. I not trying to bash Murrey products just giving some constructive critisium. I have 30 Murrey pit curtains and 2 Brunswicks in my house. If any oil does get on the Murrey curtains it still reflects the shiny spots and it is harder to clean.
    Also all the rivets that hold the curtain rods in are popping loose after only 2-3 years of service. The Bruns are showing no wear.
    Murrey if you are listening I hope that you are going to do as good of a job on product improvement as you did on your catalog.
    John B
    ------------
    just fix it

Re: Murrey curtains

Hi TPJ:
    Murrey tries to always listen and react accordingly. In regards to the pit curtain we would welcome the opportunity to improve the product. JBEES brought to our attention the rubber welding material used was drying out somewhat prematurely and the weld was pulling away. It then put added stress on the rivets and eventually broke away. Thanks to JBEES we are using a different rubber weld material and appear to have the situation corrected. Is that what happened on your curtains? As far as the cleaning of the oil from the curtains are you using a degreaser? We have a lot of success with our PS-99. Let me know and I'll send you some to try. Believe it or not, the only way to improve certain things is to take constructive criticism as a positive, not a negative. When the advice comes from the world's premier technicians, one better listen..........Bill [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Bill
      Thank you for the quick reply. Yes I would like to try your PS 99 on the curtain.
      What do you suggest I use to fix the curtains.
      I would imagine pop rivets would be the answer if I could find them big enough.
      John B
      ------------
      just fix it

Comment

John B. I have had good luck using some small 1/4 inch carriage bolts with a large washer under the nut. PJ
        I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

TPJ:
          Sorry about not responding sooner, but have been out of the office attending BOWL EXPO all last week. I am sending a gallon of PS-99 to you. Let me know how you like it. Thanks for your help....Bill [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks Bill
            I'm looking forward to use your product. I'll let you know how it works.

Thanks PJ that sounds like a good quick fix.
            John B
            ------------
            just fix it

Comment

Bill
              I just got your PS99 cleaner/degreaser and tried it out. It works really good. Thank you. I guess I will be buying more of your product.
              John B
              ------------
              just fix it

Comment

Hi John:
                Thank you for the kind words. Murrey tries very, very hard to take care of situations which arise. We sell a lot of PS-99. Most techs are a bit tentative to use a "water soluable" degreaser. However, years ago when we formulated the product it was for use in our pinsetter rebuilding plant. We were stunned how gentle it was on the hands, yet cut through grease without those harsh solvents. Once techs like yourself find out about it, it's tough to go back to anything else.
                Looking forward to working with you and your entire organization for a long, long time.
                Thanks again....Bill [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

does it leave a residue if you use it on turn pans and x conveyor pans?

alex
                  Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
                  Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
                  Cloth: ShamWow!
                  Machine: Johnny 5
                  Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

I would imagine it does as with all those part water part soap cleaners. I was just looking for a way to clean those dimpled pit curtains that Murrey sells. All the other cleaners left a spot that still looked wet, but the PS99 blended in with the rest of the curtain.
                    John B
                    ------------
                    just fix it

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                    our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                    Working...
                    X