Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What have we done? Detector Problem

Okay, I just got to work to find 4 lanes down, all with the same problem, all of them broke at basicaly the same time this morning.

Here is what is wrong.

-The 2nd Ball Deck lowering latch will not release.
    -The machine is always in 2nd ball (nothing to do with 2nd ball microswitch)
    -The 180 lever is locked forwards
    -The machine always thinks it has a full deck.

If you cycle the machines they lower to the detection level, then just drop the pins onto the deck.

If you hold the Deck lowering latch up when it is not supposed to be latched, they work fine.

The only thing that has been done to the machines is at open, All the Detectors were oiled with 10 W 30,(the same we have always done.) We run a 24 lane house, only lanes 4, 8, 13, 15, are having this problem, 1-16 have been converted to jetback, 17-24 are factory A2's.

We are stuck, need all 24 for tuesday league.

Help would be great.

J. Wilson

Re: What have we done? Detector Problem

Remove the oil drip pans from those 4 machines and post again to tell us if it got better.

Comment

JWilson:
      Sounds very much like you are setting pins from the short hook, instead of the long link.
      This happens when the deck hook selector latch is worn. Pt # 12-100183. Probably just has shown up owing to the oiling.
      Roscoe.
      rfm

Comment

Me thinks ROSCOE has hit this on the head,i had the same trouble a while back and cleaned the oil off it,to say the least i'm a bit more carefull when lubing that area.
        A lubed machine is a happy machine when lubed wisely(we find out the hard way at times).
        Use what you have to,to get it through the shift then fix it right.Do it right and live through the night...Safety first!

Comment

Once again Roscoe is on the money, I changed all the oil in mine once and about every other one I got the pan in a bind.

Drill
          Drill

David Bolt
          Champaign, IL
          USBC Silver Coach
          IBPSIA BOD
          IBPSIA Advanced
          Technical Certified
          Pro Shops

Comment

Yep you guys are correct, We have 4 of the now 5 machines up, that went down from it. #7 decided to poop out today, A little jayclean and then some sand papper to give a little more friction and all but one is back up, the other is far to worn to ignore and were removing the "D" shaft tomorow to replace it. Thanks for the quick replys, mabye I'll be able to bowl league after all tomorow, and not be worried about something going down.

Again thanks a lot, hope to help someone else soon.

J. Wilson

Comment

Just wanted to say thank you everyone for the help you provided to myself and JWilson. I have been doing this for a short time as Wilson has as well. I just finished changing out the latch on #4 and it is up and running now. I hope that I can help someone with a problem soon.
              Thanks Again!

Comment

I have had a lot of luck by just re-dressing the end of the latch with a flat fine file. They get rounded off and then if you get lube on them they will slip off...If you get them squared up, they will work without having to replace them, and a little lube doesn't seem to affect it as it does when they round off.
                41 years and still learning....
                lanedoctor@hotmail.com

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                Working...
                X