Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• powerlift assistance needed

We have ball accelerators and on one pair the balls hit the lift hard and make a clunking sound.
    I replaced the leather and plate but then the leather was marking balls,i changed the lower tire(i use the black v-shaped),added some spare carpet to the top of the leather pad,tried shimming the plate assy up etc.It still wants to do that hard clunking.
    I can quiet it down some with the added carpet idea i did but then when i use a 6lb ball it sticks in front of the lower tire at times.
    I've checked the other lanes and comparing heights,widths etc it seems good.
    OH-i did change on lower c-track,it was all cracked but the noise was there before that.
    It like if you roll the ball twords the lift,there is a slight dip in the plate area and that seems to be the trouble spot so that's why i tried filling the spot up with carpet but...it's slightly better but not a long term fix.ANY other ideas?Slow ball speed down from the accelerator??
    Use what you have to,to get it through the shift then fix it right.Do it right and live through the night...Safety first!

Re: powerlift assistance needed

Hi Gearhead,
    You must have the higher rpm motor on your accelerator. When you have those, you need retarder tracks up front.
    Make sure your accelerator motor Is the same rpm as the others. Your better of with them slow anyways. Also make sure know one put the wrong size pulley on It.
    The Master
    DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

Gearhead:
      Check the transition plate's mounting tabs to ensure they are not broken from the plate.This is one area that will cause your problem.
      Roscoe.
      rfm

Comment

gearhead
        Roscoe I think has nailed it on the head. When the tabs break the track falls down and the balls impact the transition plate hard making that clunking sound. After making the repair I would put a 2 x 4 under the track to help relieve the pressure on those tabs.
        John B
        ------------
        just fix it

Comment

yah,the transisition plate is new, old one was still good but where it bolts down to those two front bolts are broken off in the wood.,by front i mean front of the lift not the rear twords the ball tray.
          I tried shims,tape,i know a piece of metal track thin is also broken off but i did manage to get that back into place.
          It's stupid things like this that drive me knutz!
          The retarders are good.I'd love to go to a slower accelerator pulley but right now since summer play is dead(been too damn hot/humid for bowlers to even go out)i have to wait for the season to start for ordering, but one way or the other i'll fix things.Did ya know a coat hanger is great when you break a scissor guide wire!!
          Use what you have to,to get it through the shift then fix it right.Do it right and live through the night...Safety first!

Comment

If your not getting ball damage from this problem, sounds like the transition plate is loose toward the front of the building, ball comes into it, lifts the front up a little, then ball goes a little further, and smacks the plate back down real quick. This is assuming your retarders are in shape, and the retarder track is tight and in line with the powerlift. Could also be a different pulley/rpm problem also. Easy to compare those by nameplate, and measurin an acc drive pulley, and comparing to a quiet lane. No need to wear out them parts with super speed of an accellerator.

Comment

Finally got this done,been a long summer.Sorry i'm late with a update!
              I had to lift up on the front of the transisition plate and shim it with a 2x4.Just as the balls came off the retarder strips it would drop down,so i lifted it up and it's much better.
              I used measurements from another lane to see what was bad.Also had to bring in the sides of the retarder track,they we're too far apart.
              I do still have a carpet strip i cut from a spare roll and tied it so it sits on the plate,this helps keep it quiet,if i went too high with shims the balls stuck under the lower tire,there is a fine line on the puppy that's for sure.
              Found out that my spare carpet strips are excellent for replacing the leather strips,sure made those 2 lifts super-super quiet,just glued them down like pit carpets.Okay....it's funny but it works.THIN carpet not thick.
              Not allowed to spend much money unless it's urgent,i use what i can get my hands on.NOT my way of repairing that's for sure!!

Comment

I wouldn't count on that carpet lasting very long...there is a good reason they used leather there. It lasted...
                TSM & TSM Training Development
                Main Event Entertainment
                480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Gearhead;
                  We make a 1725 rpm accelerator motor. The standard 3450 rpm is too fast for certain centers. In the future, keep it in mind. We sell quite a few of these. It's easier than changing all the other possibilities. Call me at 800-421-1022. If interested I'll give you some recommendations on other centers that have changed for the reasons you described....Bill [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                  1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                  First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                  our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                  Working...
                  X