Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does not detect standing pins

Does not detect standing pins with a full deck, but it will detect when deck is empty.
    Already tried to adj detector rod with no success.
    I replaced the spirol pin and adjusted the flag on the D shaft. I will be pulling detector in the morning. My question is. Is the strike controller/selector the problem as with - not detecting strike, or is it something else?
    Maestro Please! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]
    John B
    ------------
    just fix it

Re: Does not detect standing pins

My 2cents [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] If the problem just started up, I suggest eyeballing the strike and standing pin controllers stud bearings(If you have early model A or Jetback, wont be a bearing, just a worn cam surface). If sloppy or worn, could be the problem. Also, I think going over the det rod adj again is advisable, and take extra time to ensure you are at 90 strike.. as close as possible. Then check out the bracket for cracks etc.. all the mechanical pivots(including the stud bearings, detector plate oilites...
    If this has been a quirky ongoing problem, might be in the deckpads/deckshaft/stabilizers.. ? Just some more stuff to think about. I have been rebuilding my detectors slowly, as these have original grime on them, and I replace all 3 small brgs with new, and the 3 larger ones. The larger ones, I have been using parts from Qualety's(misspelled) Hook selector kit 8-380. Gotta love the nice little machined screw, and better bearing(youll get your creative juices flowing doing this, to ensure these new parts clear adjacent parts in the detector.. have a few 1/4-28 jam nuts handy(thin)) Some food for thought

Comment

TPJ:
      Usually when a detector is that sensitive, your strike height at 90 degrees is off. Should be 8 1/2 inches, with only a plus or minus 1/8 inch.

Roscoe.
      rfm

Comment

Also check main deck lift shaft bearings. If one blows out causes deck shaft to lift up and down going right past detection point.

Comment

Ok this is what I found today. The strike selector oilite bearing was broken and the foot on the strike controller was worn so the detector disc could not pass under the projection on the latch so I filed down the projection to give more cleareance and replaced the bushing. I must have done something wrong in reassembly. Now the deck does not make the long stroke and it goes to 2nd ball everytime.
          John B
          ------------
          just fix it

Comment

TPJ:
            Check the deck hook selector latch adj.
            Roscoe
            rfm

Comment

Today I looked at the detector while it was running and noticed that none of the controllers or selectors were moving. I pulled it off took apart and eureka. Stupid me did not pay attention to the location of the detector disc when I reassembled it Doh! The disc had moved back behind the oor controller. Don't know how I missed that needless to say it works good now. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
              John B
              ------------
              just fix it

Comment

Lost my internet for a day or so.
                Roscoe, you were right on the money man with that 90 degree strike detecting height. I thought I had it fixed, but when I went in the next day it was down,so I went to the book to check that hook latch adjustment. Sometimes you have to improvise though. When I followed the book it said to turn the ecentric 1/2" increments, but that only gives you 1/16". What I did was place wood under the deck 8 1/2" high then spun the ring. I must have moved it about 3". Deck height was 8".
                In the 19 years I have worked on machines, that's the first time I had to make that adjustment.
                [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
                John B
                ------------
                just fix it

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                Working...
                X