Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dusting your motors out

After replacing bearings in 2 motors(original toshibas)i had to clean out at least 10 years or more of dust buildup. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]
    Question is....blow them out running or not.
    Of course being very careful when they are running!!
    These poor motors i know are just loaded with crap and keeping them crud free will only extend the life of them.
    Use what you have to,to get it through the shift then fix it right.Do it right and live through the night...Safety first!

Re: Dusting your motors out

I agree, the ones here were so bad that hot wasn't the word and all caused by dirt and lack of maintenance. I removed all the pinsetter motors about 3 years ago and cleaned them all out and replaced the bearings in all of them, I only had about 3 of them out of 24 that actually quit on me after that. I was told that you should only use light air pressure and a special coating on any wires that lost some of the insolation. Now they all run at a decent temperature, an average of 89 degrees during the summer after running for at least 2 hours. I monitor the temperature about every 3 months and usually have better luck vacuuming out the motors than using forced air now that they are clean, that and with forced air I feel there is too much moisture that goes in with the air. I don't remember the make of the ones I have but they are real old and have the capacitors in the bottom of them that are a pain to change if one goes out. Most of the accelerator motors were shot before I could even get to them but the ones I did get to are still running today. I think once I installed the Zot lift kits on the accelerators most of the strain on the motor was also relieved.

Drill
    Drill

David Bolt
    Champaign, IL
    USBC Silver Coach
    IBPSIA BOD
    IBPSIA Advanced
    Technical Certified
    Pro Shops

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
    our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
    Working...
    X