Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropping of Pins

I have a Brunswick A-2 that drops pin every so often. It happens when a bowler gets a strike and when the deck shifts to set new pins. The deck comes down just past standing pin height and the deck shifts and drops the pins. I have done the following adjustments Moving deck/scissor latch, deck lowering hook, and essentric ring. Does anyone have any suggestions 24life@bowlingtech.com [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

Re: Dropping of Pins

The deck lowering hook stop lever maybe slipping off the deck lowering hook selector on the D shaft in your detector. It may require removing the hook selector from the D shaft to file a more square edge or replace the hook selector with a new one.

Comment

On the moving deck/scissor latch selector there is a roll pin or spirol pin. It is very thin and has a tendency to break. This will create play in the selector and allow the deck to shift too soon. Take a new pin and drive it in pushing out the old one. Even if this is not the problem you will have to replace this pin sooner or later anyway. As a check with tension on the flag hold the selector and try to move it ever so slightly and see if there is any play between the selector and the shaft it is pinned to.
      John B
      ------------
      just fix it

Comment

mainframe and TPJ thanks for the help I think the problem is solved. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
        1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
        First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
        our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
        Working...
        X