Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Tube & 4-1 crank

The crank on the 4-1 hits the rear most part of the springtube when cycling on 1st ball or when it's on 2nd ball deck held up on deck hook.,during full deck stroke nothing hits.
    I used a small level and the mount for the rear of the springtube is straight but the crank part of the 4-1 hits it,the part that hits it is the 2"(or so)where the crank rod slides onto and is retained by the retaining ring.
    It's more like a slap on the side of the tube not a major hit unless i let it go and a groove get's worn in it but i'll fix it by then i hope. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]
    Never seen this before anywhere,front of the springtube is attached solid and in great shape.
    Deck shaft shift on me??? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]
    Swapping tubes is no problem but since the mounts are good it's somewhere else??
    Goofy is'nt it!
    Use what you have to,to get it through the shift then fix it right.Do it right and live through the night...Safety first!

Re: Spring Tube & 4-1 crank

Gearhead.
    You have to pry the mounting bracket that is part of the deck lift shaft slightly to achieve the needed clearance. Not terribly uncommon.
    Roscoe.
    rfm

Comment

Thanks Roscoe,i'll try that.
      In doing years of this work i never ran across that before..always learning!
      [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]
      Use what you have to,to get it through the shift then fix it right.Do it right and live through the night...Safety first!

Comment

I had a similar situation here last week. I found that the retainer ring that secures the rake crank rod had popped off. It looked fine when sitting there, but when the machine cycled, it would pop to the outside and strike the spring tube. Just a thought.
        41 years and still learning....
        lanedoctor@hotmail.com

Comment

Roscoe had it,i had to pry it over a bit....much better now,thanks Roscoe!!
          I thought about doing that at first but it all seemed level and all so i had to ask for ideas.
          Just had to say Thanks!
          Sorry for a late post.

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
          our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
          Working...
          X