Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jap moving decks vs. american ones?

Is there any difference in a Japanese moving deck and american style the jap is fatter n thicker anyways reason I ask is i had to change one out and put american in and it wouldnt slide all the way back to rear on the wheels with no cable tenson ,I ended up puttin the original back in,The Hot shot deck pads were touching the scissors deck.My guess is that the scissors deck is somewhat bent because of a few major breakdowns because one of the Jam switches wasnt shutting machine down.I had a broken rake arm find its way into the scissors deck on this one a few months ago and prior to that the deck lift shaft twisted and broke.Anyhow now the switches are ok and all is well.Any imput on any difference if any will be appreciated.Thanks Guys.....oh nd also the lower moving deck cable..(new) snapped and broke the 4 and half inch allen screw off in lower cable guard pulley shaft what a time gettin that one out.

Re: Jap moving decks vs. american ones?

some decks or any parts just dont wanna work on other machines weather it be differant styles or the same style they tend to like where they was best thing to do is use it as a temporary then put it back as original unless it's broke completely!

The thread that is going on recently about this topic covered this pretty good though! I got to work on some jap style machines and they was differant to me but looked pretty simaler to what we have dont know if they are interchangable or not though!
    Thank You All! For All the prayers and and the out pouring of good spirits in my time of need greatly appreciated!

Comment

I worked in a center that had 3 different brunswick machines. Model A's with the electrical box in front of the machine, model A2 converted with the box on the back of the rake/rabbitear assembly, and japanese A2's. Had a 4 to 1 go on a jap and only had a 4 to 1 american. Would not fit into the jap gearbox. Ended up just pressing a new gear onto the jap 4 to 1.

msbowl

Comment

The reason was most likely the difference in the spur gears. The later spur gear (you would find this on the Japanese machines and die cast American gear boxes) is tapered and is considered a universal gear...meaning it will work in all machines. The earlier gear will only fit in the older sand cast American gear boxes, German gear boxes and I believe the Australian gear boxes...but that one I am not sure of yet. I am pretty confident on that though based on their serial numbers. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Here are some pics of the two different gears. You can see the difference in them.

Early version...

Later version...note the end of the spur gear is tapered.

TSM & TSM Training Development
        Main Event Entertainment
        480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
        1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
        First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
        our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
        Working...
        X