Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ball return problems

i have a problem with the even lane ball return on a couple of sets of lanes. light balls fly off the track and land down on top of the cushin/curtin. ive adjusted by the book but it dosen't help. i thought mabye washers under the track to shim up but i am not sure. any help would be appreciated
    thank you
    jaysen

Re: ball return problems

I think you are refering to the odd lane but anyway, yes I use washers under some of them but it sure sounds like something is out of adjustment. Too much presure on the ball at the top of the lift rods could be a variety of things, the best thing you could do would be to slow the ball wheel down and you'll be amazed at how much smoother everything is if you haven't already done so.
    Drill
    Drill

David Bolt
    Champaign, IL
    USBC Silver Coach
    IBPSIA BOD
    IBPSIA Advanced
    Technical Certified
    Pro Shops

Comment

Washers will help with this problem, I had almost an inch worth on some machines before I slowed down the ball wheels:

Kevin

Comment

I agree, slow down the ball wheel.
        This is probably the best thing you will ever do for yourself and the center.

Another thing to look at is kickers that are too thick, or too tacky (grabs the ball agressively).
        I've had some actually throw the light balls up in the air, and on top/over the ball track.

Comment

Curious if you have a spacer of a sort on the spring rod. When you increase the pressure on the lift rods it will tend to launch the balls out of the top. Jam a pin in the “C” track so the ball cant get past it and start tightening up the spring rod adjustment a half a turn at a time and sending the ball up the rods after each adjustment. This should help smooth out the transition.

JMO

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
          Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Actually, I believe it being the even lane...at the "U" turn is where the balls are flying off.

I have seen where you can add a third rail to the "U" track so that the balls can't go flying off the track...might want to look at that
            Become an organ donor...you never know who's life you are going to save.

Comment

Is the prefrence system locked. Could be that the balls are bouncing off after hitting the stop. If there coming off as fast as you say its something else to check.

msbowl

Comment

Thank you for the input. i was wondering about slowing down the ball wheel. i've heard about slowing down machines (converted a-2) can any one tell me how to do this. thank you jaysen

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                Working...
                X