Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 208v GE Pinsetter Motor Wiring

I have 1 of these motors taken apart and the wiring diagram is lost. I think I know where the wires go, but am not sure. I just lost 1 motor due to a cracked wire and don't want to risk another due to mis wiring.

This motor is different from the rest as they are 115/230V. They all have 10-11 wires. This one is 208V and only has 8. They are numbered 1, 1,(not a mistake) 4, 5, 7, 8, 10 and one with no number that goes to the start switch.

My thinking is that it goes..1-1, 4-line, 5-10-line, 7-8.

The motor has a built in thermal overload with wires 1, 5, and 10 connected to the klixon. 5-10 are connected to the same terminal on the klixon.

The wires go to...

1-Klixon
    1-Run Windings
    4-Run Windings
    5-Klixon
    7-Start Windings
    8-Start switch
    10-Klixon
    no#-Start Switch

One other thing...How has this motor continued operation with no problems for 20 yrs recieving 230V if it's only rated for 208V?
    <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Re: 208v GE Pinsetter Motor Wiring

Adam:
    #1 is line
    #2 @ #3 tie together
    #4 is line
    #5 @ #10 tie together
    #6 @ #7 tie "
    #8 @ #9 tie "
    CCW facing lead end
    To reverse rotation, interchange leads #9 and #10
    (which is what you will need to do)
    208s run great on 230, run cooler and are much stronger than a 230 on 230.
    Roscoe.
    rfm

Comment

Adam:
      Disreguard the previous post as far as wiring, the motor plate was not from a 208, will check the motor and repost.
      Roscoe.
      rfm

Comment

I figured it out...

GE 208V motor Thermally Protected wiring.

Connected as..
        1 - 1
        4 - Line
        5 - 7
        10- 8 - Line

To reverse, swap 7 and 8.

Thanks anyway.

FYI.. 208V GE motor wiring without thermal overload is..

Connections are..

1-8-line
        4-10-line

Swap 8 and 10 to reverse.
        <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
        1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
        First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
        our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
        Working...
        X