Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Scissor Deck

I have a bent scissor deck and never changed one before. I need to know how to remove and replace with out getting killed. Should I pull the deck out or can I change it while its still in the machine. Thanks Mike

Re: Changing Scissor Deck

Mike - how did you manage to bend a scissors deck [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] Whatever - few mechanics have probably changed a full deck as there is rarely the need to but I have done it a couple of times.
    First put the machine at 90 on a standing pin with scissors closed & disconnect the cable, then remove the pin nefore you cycle to 270 with the deck on blocks (makes it easier to get underneath it)or put some castors on a strong board,- remove the front cover & pin light if you can to make access easier. Disconnect moving deck cable. If you have a complete deck (with the moving deck installed) there is no point in splitting them except to make it lighter. Disconnect the deck with the big 3/4 bolts at the bottom of the posts, look out for any shims & put them back in the same place when you reinstall the new deck ( the deck shaft arms may not have been welded parrallel).You may have to put weight on the deck arms when you reinstall to counter the big spring but with a few guys to help you its not too difficult (install is a reverse of the above), its just very big, very heavy & very awkward to manouver.
    You may like to put a sheet of plywood or something over your lane for protection before you start. Check all the deck adjustments & pinspotting after the install & good luck.
    Please post & let us know how you get on.
    If you get really stuck I can fly over at short notice if the price is right!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Mike and Goeff:
      Never unbolt a deck from the lift shaft, at any degrees, without first using a all thread rod of 3/8 diameter, through the eyeholes of the spring tube and tighting the nuts until the rake arms start to travel away from rake arm stops, thereby ensuring all tension is relived. Its much easier to simply put the light bar in transport position. remove the four rake board X washer pins, and slide the assembly out on a short dolly or a piece of carpet. THE MAIN THING TO REMEMBER, NEVER RELEASE THE SPRING TUBE, WITHOUT A CAPTURE DEVISE IN PLACE. I knew a Brunswick mech, that forgot that step and lost 1/2 his jaw.
      Roscoe.
      rfm

Comment

Yeah - thanks for the reminder Roscoe forgot to mention that but the rest of the job is fairly straight forward Mike I don't think you will have too many problems Good Luck & keep us posted.

Comment

Ok This is how i did it.
          1. put deck down to 270 and locked out the spring tube
          2Removed rake board,cables, and stabelizing rods.
          3. Removed allen bolts from the deck shaft to the deck post and pulled deck out
          4. Layed a sheet of plywood on the lane and flipped the deck upsidedown on the wood.
          5. Removed scissor spring with the right tool.
          6. Removed all bolts securing the scissor deck.
          " had to use cave man wrench on to bolts."
          7. Carefully take the deck off a little at a time moving around the deck or it will bind and u will get really discouraged.
          8. take assembled scissor deck andf put back on the staitonnary deck. This is not fun at all.
          I did it by myself and it took me 1.5 hrs. to get it back ont and bolted together.
          9. put deck back in machine and ckeck all adjustment.

This took me 6.5 Hours to do by myself

how it got bent i dont know it was like that before i started working here.

Dont ever want to do that again rather change a 4 to 1

Later Mike

Comment

Mike, do it much the same way as you, but we built a cart to hold the deck, get it out, wheel up the lane and out back. Throw the spare assembly on cart and back in the machine. After you did it 32 times, it goes pretty easy. We pulled assemblies out of a center that closed a few years ago, some other guy forgot to lock the tube down, thankfully he didnt get hit by the deck shaft, but it scared the sh*t out of him.
            Marty

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
            Working...
            X