Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turret Problem

Hey Guys,

Have a turret that likes to keep going when it hit the five pin chute. The five pin only. It seems like the spider spring is too tight and when it gets to the dwell on the cam for the five pin the stop lever cant hold the pressure. It even does it when the short belt is off. Manually it works fine without the spider spring(didnt try it with power.) Although this dosent make any sense to right now its probably something stupid. Cam is tight, stop lever roller is new. No binding from index bellcrank to index latch. Could the cam be bent or split somehow?

William

Re: Turret Problem

Check your index lever for adjustments and make sure the latch is going completely over the roller bearing

Later Mike

Comment

Check your short link. It might have gotten bend up and is rubbing on the short belt. Just a thought. PJ
      I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

as a long shot, try the stop bumper on the rear of the torsion latch. Too small of a bumper or a slot worn in the bumper will cause the latch to contact the arm at the 5 chute. Proper adj. is about 1/16th of the surface of the latch to contact the block on the underside of the time delay gear.

Mark
        Mark
        (919) 757-1789

Comment

Be sure the bottom of the #8 turret wires aren't hitting the indexing trip lever as the turret is indexing to the 5.
          TSM & TSM Training Development
          Main Event Entertainment
          480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Alot of good points mentioned above. Also check the long turret belt tension. Most likely it is that with the combo of the indexing trip lever adjustment.

Comment

Check the turret stop lever for too much free play. The holes in the side get oblonged. Ive had to change one at our place. That did the trick.

msbowl [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I agree with two suggestions. I have had similar issues with turrets and have solved them by one of the following. Your short link may be to short. While bending them to make them longer is not a real good idea it does work. I have found many on my pinsetters that have been bent. The other solution that has worked for me is to adjust your indexing trip lever. It may take more than one adjustment to get it. This is a common issue and is covered in brunswick's pinsetter troubleshooting manual.
                If you don't like getting beat...get better.

Comment

If it is only happening at the 5 pin position, the first thing I would check for would be a stretched short turret belt. What you are describing is exactly what happens when the belt is stretched.
                  41 years and still learning....
                  lanedoctor@hotmail.com

Comment

This also sounds simple but something to check.
                    The lever that is connected to the 9 pin spoon that unlatches the torsion latch for the turret clutch might be mis-adjusted or the spoon bolts are loose.
                    When the turret comes to the 5 pin chute the trip lever is under the most pressure.
                    Check the trip lever adjustments and make sure there is no free play in the linkage.
                    Also when the turret stops at the 5 pin there should be a gap between the lever and the torsion latch .
                    If not the lever can be moved some by loosening the spoon bolts and moving the lever away from the torsion latch.
                    Another thing to check is the condition of the indexing cam follower.
                    The older type were made of urethane and they would slip allowing the cam to move too far which could unlatch the torsion latch.
                    also the rubber type of indexing cam follower can loose the rubber part and still be rolling on the stud which will create the same problem.
                    Hope this helps.
                    Grambo

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                    our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                    Working...
                    X