Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more turret problems

I am having a real bad time with the turret indexing on one of my pinsetters. No matter what I have tried, it still indexes after the 5 pin, or any other place it so desires. I have done the following: a) Replaced the short turret belt.
    b) Replaced the short link.
    c) Tightened the long belt spring.
    d) Adjusted the trip pedal.
    e) Tightened screws on index cam.
    f) Replaced turret clutch.
    g) Swore all day after all the above failed to cure the problem.
    As a last resort, I put a spring on the torsion latch to the halo ring and this rig job seemed to help better than anything else I did, HELP !!

Re: more turret problems

Check the indexing bellcrank,it may be worn/loose.
    Is the short link rubbing on the turret protector(helmet)?
    I did the same spring thing you did and then found the bellcrank was bad,replaced it and she runs like a champ now.
    Is the time delay gear loose,if it's a little loose it may cause the indexings,one of mine did this too,it was loose that it would drop down onto the bellcrank ball bearing roller and make it index.
    Use what you have to,to get it through the shift then fix it right.Do it right and live through the night...Safety first!

Comment

Here is a list of things to check.
      1. Is turret indexing cam tight
      2. Check trip lever adjustment too have a positive lock.Nothing needs to interfere with trip lever or rest of linkage.(make sure indexing bellcrank is tight).
      3. Check indexing roller for out of round or cracked.Make sure the flat head socket bolts that hold the indexing bearing and indexing roller on yoke is not broken off. If these brake the treaded end can unscrew down and can keep the indexing yoke from following cam,not allowing latch to lock.
      4.When turret indexes around to center chute make sure probe cannot touch the torsion latch, and as the turret comes to the center chute postion make sure torsion trip arm doesn't hit torsion latch until spider unlocks.

Also: A stretched short turrer belt can cause indexing past 9 pin. Check your indexing yoke for binding.

Hope this helps
      Sorry for long post

Peanut
      Peanut

Comment

What I read into your post is that you are having indexing problems at other positions other than the 5. If this is correct...this may help.

You stated that adding a spring to the torsion latch seemed to help. My guess is you have a problem with the mating surfaces of the torsion latch and the time delay gear. You may not be getting the torsion latch to block the time delay gear real well. What I do with this is to remove the turret clutch and install the time delay gear and the torsion latch on the clutch while on the bench. Align the two mating surfaces of the time delay gear and the torsion latch. While holding these in place, mark the torsion latch with a marker to follow the contour of the time delay gear as it goes over the torsion latch. While you have everything apart, be sure the two mating surfaces are square at the mating points. If they have rounded edges on them, they will slip off of each other and cause a multiple index. After you have done this, re-install the turret clutch with ALL of the parts in place. Once you have everything lined up, check the mark you put on the torsion latch and be sure it is in the same alignment as it was when it was on the bench. If it is not...use the rubber bumper on the turret frame that the other arm on the latch is striking. Sometimes grinding it down is what is needed. If you have old style steel frames, just grind it down until the latch lines up again. If you have aluminum frames...there are two different sizes for the bumper. If you are using the larger size...try changing to the smaller size.

Hope this helps...
        TSM & TSM Training Development
        Main Event Entertainment
        480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

hi, you mentioned you tightened the spring on the long turret belt. Be careful too much tension will cause multiple indexing as you described. Adjust the belt tension so turret will index smoothly at the 5 pin index. If you loosen the spring and the turret does not index at the 5 then shorten the spring a couple of turns until problem stops. Too much belt tension make the turret look very jerky, in other words the indexing is not smooth.

good luck Larry

Comment

Check the indexing yoke for worn or oblonged holes. If it is sloppy this will cause the turret to multiple index also. Having the turret stopped at any of the pin positions and seeing it slightly to the right of the conveyor will give you an indication that something is worn. If it isnt the yoke then it is bound to be what others have described here. Too much typing to repeat it.hehehe

msbowl [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
            Working...
            X