Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spider snafu

OK guys, here's another puzzler:

Spider decides not to lock about once every 4 games. The times I've seen it, it seems that the spider stayed ahead of the turret (9 pin wires in receiving position, spoon ahead of the wires, so the 9 drops into the 8 bucket, and presto, deck jam)

Here's what I've looked at and dismissed so far:

Stuffed the 5 pin in the chute 7 ways to sunday, can't make the pin hold the pin release lever back (skirt on chute is trimmed off).

All spider bolts are clearing anything that could interfere.

Spider pivots smoothly, no binds that I can find.

Sppons clear the bottoms of all turret wires.

Flat spot on the 5 pin deck pad is in the right place (I've seen a backwards deck pad hang the 5 up and cause the spider to not lock)

It's gotta be something stupid ... I've looked at everything else:

Kevin

Re: Spider snafu

kevin,
    i'm sure you've thought of this already but i'll throw it at you anyways. have you checked the "cam" surface on the pin release lever? i have found on numerous levers a groove worn into it caused by the follower bearing on the turret ring. you've checked everything else i would have. if that doesn't do it...pull it.

alex
    Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
    Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
    Cloth: ShamWow!
    Machine: Johnny 5
    Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

After the turret goes to index and the blocking finger starts to come down,does it contact the interlock probe casusing the spider to not lock up?
      I have had it happen on me.
      Just a thought.
      I watch my turrets index from the side of the machines,(10 pin side)view it between the machines,this way i can see the torsion trip arm clearances better,if a finger is too close to the interlock probe after delivering 10 pins,too much slop in the clutch plate etc.I get a better view while they run.
      Like i said....just thoughts.
      Use what you have to,to get it through the shift then fix it right.Do it right and live through the night...Safety first!

Comment

KL:
        Did you shorten the deck lowering link on this paticular mch, after installing the overlays? Check the "at rest" height of the deck, and repost.
        Roscoe.
        rfm

Comment

Roscoe:

Thanx ... when adjusting that set of 4, had a chaser measuring below (my B helped on the other 12), while I worked on link from up top. Rest position 1/4" high, and sure enough, deck 1/4" too high setting pins at 270.

After the weekend's over, I'll re-post as to whether she's back on her good behavior or not:

Ran a whole league tonight w/o f/u ... that's a moral victory at least [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Kevin

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
          our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
          Working...
          X