Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor contactor

I have a flaky contactor on a Model A machine. Checked the big "B" book. Part number 12-860621 is a replacement for it, but does not show the heater element. Where is the number for the element? What rated element is to be used? Yes,I still have those old GE motors without thermal overloads. I must have the kit with overload protection. Just want to get the correct element when ordering the kit.
    PS. the text says the unit comes fully assembled..look at the pic!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

billman
    let me be myself

Re: Motor contactor

Bill:

Changing out an old one requires overload relay x73c, and heater x74B. Match the heater to your motor's rated draw (amps), and then I'd add 5% ... there should be an amperage value real close to that number.

The old federal pacifics had the overload stuff built into the contactor, new ones need the stuff added:

Kevin

Comment

If you will post the RLA amp draw here I have a chart and I will figure the exact one for you.

Doug [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]

Comment

Plate on motor says 8.6 amps. Does someone have the instructions for the kit? Somehow they have been misplaced. The pic I am talking about is on page 12-5 in the Genuine Parts catalog that is sent out by the distributers. I have the kit, just no instructions or heat element.

billman
        let me be myself

Comment

Thanks everyone, I have the elements and instructions.

billman
          let me be myself

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
          our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
          Working...
          X