Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pins not dropping after 5 pin loads

This was a monthly problem question some time back, but I can't find it in the archives.
    This is Intermitten - (driving us crazy)
    5-pin loads correctly. Blocking fingers are in the correct position. Pins will not drop from from turrent. Push the trip lever, machine cycles setting the 5-pin, turrent indexes with the already loaded pins, index back to the 5-pin, let the next 5-pin load, all pins drop and machine continues. This happens approx. 4-5 times during a league shift and slowly becoming more frequent.

I have sat watched and of course nothing happens until i leave. I caught it one time... and it kinda appeared the trip lever did not hit the "torsion latch"... lever did move forward as well as the spoons....(this happened so fast i can't say exactly).

Any help would be grateful, or a link to the problem of the month archive.

Thanks. Dan.
    Dan the Man.

Re: Pins not dropping after 5 pin loads

You might want to do this.

Check if the latch tripping arm is contacting the torsion latch arm. If it is not then you might need to bend the latch tripping arm up or down to make contact.

If it is contacting the torsion latch, you need to mae sure that the time delay gear is the rotating. If it is not then you need to make sure that the time delay gear is meshed with the gear on the bottom of the friction disc.

At that point you might as well do turret clutch maintenance. You might find that the torsion latch is broken or that the facing on your friction disc are wearing too far down.
    Hard work and determination is the answer to all problems.

Comment

Thanks Aaron,

But now I must confess my stupidity...

You guys have no idea how many weeks I've been watching this problem. Well, I can tell you...during the summer we did our annual checks and we R & R'd some broken turrent wires. Yep, you guessed it... the #6 turrent wire was spread out, allowing the pin to slightly catch the spoon, thus causing tension and would not allow the "spider assy" to trip...

A flippin turrent wire has caused all this anguish....

Let that be a lesson learned.... UUUggghhhhhhh.

But if I had not took time away from the machine, to log on here, I would not have walked back to machine to watch it run through a cycle one more time and catch the culprit in action... so actually this website again played a big part in troubleshooting.. Haaaaa ... Have a good weekend.

Dan the TurrentWire Man.
      Dan the Man.

Comment

Dan:

Glad you found your problem, the intermittent ones are the worst to track down.

The next time you have a flaky to find, I suggest putting a video camera on it ... which will tirelessly watch the machine while you turn your back so she'll mess up [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

We recently did this to hunt down an intermittent turn-pan jammer. Turned out to be a plastic pocket on the wheel that had a small depression that would hold the pin an extra fraction of a second, but not every time. Put numbered stickers on the back of the wheel, focused the camera on the turn pan, and basically waited for it to jam. Rewound the tape and caught the culprit plain as day.

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by KL Kevin:
          Dan:

Glad you found your problem, the intermittent ones are the worst to track down.

The next time you have a flaky to find, I suggest putting a video camera on it ... which will tirelessly watch the machine while you turn your back so she'll mess up [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

We recently did this to hunt down an intermittent turn-pan jammer. Turned out to be a plastic pocket on the wheel that had a small depression that would hold the pin an extra fraction of a second, but not every time. Put numbered stickers on the back of the wheel, focused the camera on the turn pan, and basically waited for it to jam. Rewound the tape and caught the culprit plain as day.

Kevin
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I tape my OOR's.....wanna catch which pin did it! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Just playing Kev

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
          Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

The video camera is an excellent idea to catch problems. Used many times myself, however, one must always remember to position camera away from flying pins. Whoa boy!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] One close call too many.

msbowl [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Here is the thread on the "5 pin Fell Didn't release pins".

Five pin Fell didnot release pins

The first things I look for are
              1.Loose probe
              2.Frozen Spider cam follower bearing
              3.To much resistance on the restrictrd drop finger
              4.Pin release lever bent(need 5 1/8" for edge to edge of pin relese lever)

Peanut
              Peanut

Comment

Peanut has my list. Another thing I have found all too often is where your torsion latch makes contact with the time delay gear. Those two surfaces get rough and the torsion latch will actually bind on the block I have found a 5 pin in the deck, 9 pins in the turret a spider that has just barely rotated with the trip arm resting against the torsion latch.
                Check it by manually tripping the torsion latch and see if you find a lot of resistance. Clean up those two surfaces and I always put a dab of grease there for good measure. I make that a must when I overhaul a turret clutch.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                Working...
                X