Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not blocking

got a guestion. i work in a ten lane jetback house. lane one has been having this problem. on lane one the right hand(10 side) blocking finger will not block and a double load/deck jam will result. i've tried to adjust the 180 interlock and the blocking finger itself. even using the book won't help. even replaced it thinking it was worn or bad. runs all right with 18 pins in the machine please any suggestions.

thanx
    Jeff [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]
    "Fix the cause, not the effect."-PinCup

Re: not blocking

Check your long link,is it going back far enough to latch?Is the long link bent?Has anyone worked on it before,meaning is the steel roller on the front of the long link in the correct position,if it belongs on the top and it was put on the bottom by mistake the long link will not go back far enough.
    Is the rear of the long link latching up or slipping off and not even locking.
    And what about that pesky restricted drop link....
    is it rubbing on the long link causing it to not lock and or unlock?
    If i missed something,the other fine folks will help out!Let us know what you find.
    Use what you have to,to get it through the shift then fix it right.Do it right and live through the night...Safety first!

Comment

I agree with gearhead, the only things that I can think of other than his ideas are the protrusion on the long link that forces the blocking finger down can be broken, or the turret is too high and the full deck signal is "forgotten" on a strike detection.
      Best of luck
      Mark
      (919) 757-1789

Comment

actually i didn't look at the long link. totally forgot that might have an effect. i did move it by accident and had a full turret dump on me though [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img] i'll have to check that and let you know what i find.

Comment

One other thing is to make sure that little bronze bushing in the front of the long link is still there. If it's missing you won't have enough travel either:

Kevin

Comment

It sounds like it is double dumping but it is not stopping in 180 with only 18 pins.
            I would think if it is not latching you would also have 180 calls.
            I would check your link that contacts the indexing cam, the one with a curve.
            It has a protusion on it that contacts the blocking finger to draw it down.
            It can become bent and it can also break off and can even jump around the finger when bent.
            With the deck up and THE PINSETTER UNPLUGGED manually push the link back and see if it locks and draws the finger down.
            If not check the latch that locks the link for rounded edges and the other post about a bent link and my tips about the protrusion.
            If the link did lock check your eccentric deck lowering hook adjustment.
            You might have a working full deck linkage but if the short stroke lowering hook is out of adjustment the deck will go down too far on a strike cycle and unlock the blocking finger.
            Since it sounds like you are not getting 180"s I would check the curved link and make sure the protusion is on the front side of the link then check if it does lock and unlocks at strike cycle.
            Hope this helps and let us know what you find.
            Graham

Comment

Something simple I forgot.
              How does the interlock probe look in relation to the blocking fingers?
              I have seen the 5 pin chute interlock probe bent down too far that it goes under the blocking finger.
              Also the interlock probe can get bent too far upward and jump over the blocking fingers.
              But check that protrusion and the latch.
              part number 12-150111 if memory is correct.
              Graham

Comment

well i still haven't got too lane one yet, but hopefully i will be able to tomorrow. i haven't been getting 180 calls yet. thank god. but i will keep you guys posted about what i find. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by GRAMBO:
                  Something simple I forgot.
                  How does the interlock probe look in relation to the blocking fingers?
                  I have seen the 5 pin chute interlock probe bent down too far that it goes under the blocking finger.
                  Also the interlock probe can get bent too far upward and jump over the blocking fingers.
                  But check that protrusion and the latch.
                  part number 12-150111 if memory is correct.
                  Graham
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">oh yeah i forgot. the interlock probe will contact it right in the middle of the blocking finger but the probe will slip under the blocking finger. that might help you guys also
                  &quot;Fix the cause, not the effect.&quot;-PinCup

Comment

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]

Comment

A couple of months ago I had a pinsetter dump a double load once in a while. Turned out to be the 180 link was set way to high. Readjusted it and no more problems. At 0 try and lock in your full deck link, if it locks really hard, your 180 is out of adjustment. Just my 3 cents worth. PJ
                      I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

hey astro here is something to try and to watch what happens.
                        First have the machine at ZERO degrees.
                        UNPLUG the pinsetter!!
                        Manually turn the turret to the 5 pin chute.
                        Since you have 18 pins in the machine you should have some pins in the turret.
                        Have some 2 extra pins handy.
                        manually index the turret to the 5 pin chute.
                        Put one of the pins through the chute and manually index it to the next position.
                        Did the blocking finger drop down?
                        If not go to prior postings.
                        If the finger did drop down manually index turret all the way around to the 5 pin chute again.
                        Now drop another pin in the chute.
                        Did the pin go through?
                        If so do it again and see it the probe jumps over or goes under the blocking finger.
                        also check and see if the finger is actually moving when the probe hits it.
                        If the finger moved look at the locking latch becuase it might be rounded and the bump unlocks it.
                        There is an adjustment on the latch to move it down to get more pressure to lock.
                        If the interlock probe jumped over or under it check the long bolt at the top for excessive free play or the probe might be bent.
                        If it dropped the pin and it looked like the probe hit the finger it could be the tounge assy.
                        The interlock probe is hooked to the tounge assy. by the turret ring.
                        The lower links and the shaft and oitlites can get a ton of free play.
                        Also the rolller bearing mounting on the turret ring can come LOOSE and allow free play.
                        Also check the protrusion on the underside link if the finger moved up when the probe hit it.
                        It might be bent or worn and the blocking finger jumps around it when the probe hits the finger.
                        When adjusted right you should be able to literally throw a pin into the 5 pin chute with the latch locked and it will not double dump.
                        Keep doing it manually and you should see why it is double dumping.
                        If this all seemed to work fine load the turret up and have no pins on the deck.
                        Cycle the machine on first ball and when it detects a strike see if the blocking finger unlocked.
                        I hope this helps.
                        Graham

Comment

all right. tried working on it today. ran the machine 2 frames, the blocking finger will block if the probe is bent up, but it will block all the time. tried bending it back down and put more pressure on the spring for the blocking finger. probe just went under it. looked at the interlock but remembered i replaced that with all new. still checked out fine.checked to see that the long link was being held in its rearmost position. yup. tried to adjust the 180 link to see if that was the problem, nope. crawled underneath to see if every thing was fine, yup. i could have overlooked something though. even tried to cob-job-it and that didn't even work.tomorrow i'll actually look at it and have a print out of this post [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] maybe i missed something [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]

Comment

oh yeah, i forgot. the blocking finger has free play in it. when it is supposed to be down blocking, it can be moved about 1/4"-1/2"

Comment

Okay then,did the lever(flag)on the end of the
                              interlock shaft(?)get moved too far rearwards so that when the moving deck cam follower at zero is pushing that small part too far forward hence forth it's out of wack?
                              I think if the lever is moved too far to the rear,when the large pin in the m/d cam follower comes forward it hit's the flag,lever,and then adjusting it can be a pain.
                              )Hopefully i have the correct shaft name,long night with bowlers crabbing about the shot!)
                              The drop link operates on it's own so i'm thinking the lever/flag on the end is the shaft is too far rearwards so that finger can't be adjusted correctly until that part is checked.I'd check it out anyway.Hope i'm still thinking straight and i am on some sort of right line here.
                              Use what you have to,to get it through the shift then fix it right.Do it right and live through the night...Safety first!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X