Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brunswick Electronic Time Delay Module

Why is that Brunswick Electronic Time Delay Module will sometime auotmatic recycle the pinsetter when it turn ON from the counter and ever from the back of the machine. Replace to old delay module and everything works FINE. How can this problem be SOLVE?

Re: Brunswick Electronic Time Delay Module

If this is happening only in the mornings, right after the lanes were stripped? if so.The answer is: the stripper machine is activating the sensor which in turn thru the time delay sends the signal making the cycle selenoide to fire, even though the pinsetter is off , there is always alectricity running thru the time delay ,unless the pinsetter is cut off from the main breaker on the electrical box .
    if this is not the case, check if the system is propperly installed.

Comment

Do you have the dual ball detects? If so, make sure the triggering is connected to the primary connector. I have found that if connected to the secondary connector I have this problem.

jorcamps,

If your cycle solonoids fire with the machine off then something is wired wrong. Normally the cycle solonoid gets it's power off of the motor contactor therefore making the circuit open when the machine is off.

However your setup can be a good thing when you have small kids that tend to bowl on the wrong lanes as the pinsetter will cycle when turned on.
      <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Comment

No, we do not have dual ball detects. We are using bowl-tronic triggeing and ZOT. It only happen on the brunswick electronic time delay module. Replace the original time delay module and everything works FINE. Try another NEW Brunswick ETD module on other lanes and it happen again. Checked all the wiring on the electrical box and all are identical with one another. During OOR, turn OFF the machine to clean deadwood, turn back ON from the back of the pinsetter, recycle itself. Disconnected the trigging system and still happen. Remember, it only happen once awhile. Turn OFF and ON a few time from the back of the machine and will happen. I'm looking at the Brunswick ETD PCB diagram to solve the problem.

Comment

So, your saying it will intermittantly trigger when any low-voltage switch (mechanics, managers) is toggled? And you have bowl-tronics infrared triggering. The Brunswick Electronic Time Delay, is it the board version (not mounted in a metal box) and the same brunswick uses for electronic triggering?? When you are using the "old" time delay, I think you mean the old "box" version, with the connection tabs sticking out of it.

So, kind of sounds like somethings not right between the bowl-tronics triggering and the brunswick board. I'm just fishing here, but perhaps bowl-tronics can help you more so than the brunswick help line.

We have the brunswick electronic boards with triggering, mounted in place of the time delay boxes. Some lanes have dual triggering boxes, and some lanes have two single boxes (AS-90 scoring). When we turn off mechanic switch, and jump down on pindeck to set up pin or clear deadwood, if we break the beam, the machine will cycle when we turn low voltage switch back on.

But you said you can do it from behind the machine, without getting down on the deck? Is there any feedback indication from the infrared sensors that they've been tripped?

Comment

Thanks for the reply. "NO" it is not happen after stripping lanes. Sometime, when the pinsetter is struck OFF from the back to clean deadwood during OOR cycle, it will recycle by itself. It happen on those electronic time delay ONLY. Remember ONLY sometime it will happen. Had tried on other lanes with a NEW and FRESH from Brunswick(in the box) and still happen. Replace old time delay, back as good as it is. Also checked on the wiring on the electrical box and everything seen to be identical with all the rest of the pinsetter. Re-check again with the installation manual which is with Frameworx scoring system, and it is correct instruction. It has nothing to do with the scoring system as mentioned above. Will look into the PCB again to find out the problem. THank anyway.
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Comment

I posted a reply the other night but the computer did not take it apparently.

Anyway.. Here's what it was...

This may be a long shot but it's something to look at. The electronic time delay boards seem to be quite sensitive to voltage fluctuations. I had one machine that would cycle almost every time power was restored from the breaker or by plugging in the drop cord. I ended up replacing the transformer and the problem went away. I theorised that the transformer must have been a bit weak causing a voltage drop every time the pinsetter was turned on. This drop comes from the relays energizing.

Anyway I'd start by checking the transformer wiring to make sure it is correct. If the problem continues, try replacing the transformer.

Hope this helps. Good luck with whatever you find.
              <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
              Working...
              X