Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pit Conveyor Belt Idler Arms

Anyone know a good way to remove seized up bolt through the pit idler assembly? Some of you MUST have had these where the bolt is rigid through the inner bush due to lack of lube?
    The only way I can think of is to grind off the head of the bolt then knock it through toward the pit frame, got quite a few to do so I am looking for an easy option, any ideas? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

Re: Pit Conveyor Belt Idler Arms

There was a thread in the archives about this issue... but if you have a sawall with metal blade that should do it. I have been successful with some assemblies by using antisieze then installing the nut on the threads and striking that end with a hammer, but the sawall is the way to go.

Comment

If you can find it, get a universal joint bearing removal clamp. It looks like a 'c' clamp with a hole ( approx 3/4" or so) on one side so you can press the bolt head through the hole. This is very easy to remove any bolt.
      Larry

Comment

Once you get it out put the bolt back in from the pit side out and don't forget the anti-seize that stuff really works.
        I would also try some PB Blaster. It is like liquid wrench but much better. Auto parts stores has it. That blaster stuff is the best thing I've found for freeing up anything.
        John B
        ------------
        just fix it

Comment

If you choose to cut the head off or grind it...I recomend cuting it....make sure you cut it inbetween the idler asem. and the bracket in both the front and the back..this way the idler just drops out and you wont have to beat it out in the machine....which chances are will break the rear bracket off. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

JMO

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

ps. wear saftey goggles paweez! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
          Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

SMOKE WRENCH!!!!!!!

Seriously, the best way to get this PITA out is the "heat and beat" method.

Once removed, replace with quality's nylon bushing and never have to heat and beat again:

Kevin

Comment

I have a 1/2" thick piece of steel plate 1.75"x 1.25" with a 5/8 hole in the center. Back off the nut a couple threads past the end of the bolt, place the hole in the steel arbor plate over the bolt head and use a two jaw bearing puller to press out bolt.

Comment

Sawzall with a short blade is the way to go.... 5 minutes tops...

no banging, no breaking of the frame...

jeff

Comment

Thanks for your help guys - I did a couple today, on one I ground the head off & managed to knock the bolt through the back. On the other I made a tool up from a "G" type clamp, put an indent in the flat surface on the non screw end, located this over the back end of the bolt, with the other (scew) end wound up against the front of the mounting bracket it managed to break the seal & with a little to & froing & some release fluid the bolt came out the front end. With the assembly off the machine I also drilled an extra lube hole in a more accessible position, once again - thanks for your suggestions. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                  1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                  First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                  our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                  Working...
                  X