Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elec. Triggering Prob. HELP!!!!!

I am about at my wits end with this one, so I will once again call upon the wealth of wits and experience we have on this wonderful website for a hand Now with that said...... I have one machine that during league just flat out quit triggering. Jap A-2's with Bruns. electronic triggering. I looked at machine for a minute or two, didn't see anything obvious, I then parked the nearest pin-tech on it until league was done. After league I took a closer look and found on the ETU board what looked like a bad connection, still could not get it to trigger. I then pulled the board out of the next door neighbor (lane #10) which was working wonderfully I might add, and put it in lane #9 (problem lane).

Lane 10 continued to run perfectly and lane 9 will now trigger if the ball detect beam is broken or reset on back of machine is pressed. Reset button on ball return will work as long as the rake is not down. But... the machine will not mechanically trigger, meaning if I drop the rake manually or lift the pit cushion from the back the rake stays down and machine will not trigger. I replaced the cycle solenoid earlier in this situation with no positive results. Also when the machine is in mid-cycle the solenoid will fire for no apparent reason, it does this everytime. As long as the ball detect beam is broken the pinsetter seems to function normally, right now it seems to be useable, but I know something is not right. I had to take a break from it, I feel like im going in circles.

Jerrid
    and then he said, "on your death bed, you will receive total consciousness" so I got that going for me...... which is nice!

Re: Elec. Triggering Prob. HELP!!!!!

Jerrid:

I'd look at the cherry switch that's actuated when the rake drops, sounds like someone has the wire switched from N.O. to N.C.

Kevin

Comment

Jerrid
      Do you have an extra switch attached to your V lever rake shaft.
      Our system had 2 switches the one in the electrical box for sweep down and another to blackout the machine if rake did not lower fast enough.
      I found that I would get weird problems from this switch combo if they were not ADJUSTED perfectly.
      Check your installation sheet for adjustments because I do not remember them.
      Also check what Kl Kevin said because maybe someone has been in the electrical box and switched some wires.
      Graham

Comment

Thanks guys,
        Ill check into it tomorrow, to my knowledge no one was in that machine until I got there, it made it through practice just fine then decided to crap out. Ill look at that cherry switch in the morning and post what I find out.

Jerrid
        and then he said, "on your death bed, you will receive total consciousness" so I got that going for me...... which is nice!

Comment

Jerrid,

Did you find your problem yet? I'm curious since we also have the bruns electronic triggering on our A's.

We've had a few "no triggering" symptoms when we had problems with the microswitch inside the electrical box (I think the manual calls this the "rake-up/trigger switch".) We've found that over time, the metal link that triggers the switch (which contacts the strap that mounts over the rake shaft) will either get worn or twisted, so that the rake shaft strap won't cleanly contact the metal link of the microswitch every time. Or the stud that mounts the microswitch will break loose, thereby twisting the whole contraption. Hope you found your problem.

We've also had problems with the other switch(safety lock-out, or as the manual calls it the "rake-down switch"). Pretty often, after clearing a blackout/deck jam, I guess depending on what position the rake is in, the machine will shut off due to the rake-down switch. Its pretty annoying to have to toggle the breaker off and on, several times, just to get the machine to go back to 0 degrees. And it looks like the switch is adjusted ok.

Also, some of our machines will run without the spring on the rake-down switch. Put it on, and you start having blackouts. And your not sure what the problem is since the indicating LED is inside the electrical box! I'm looking into installing the bowl-tronics LED display, and instead of wiring say the managers switch, wiring in the rake-down/lock-out in its place.

Comment

I tried Kev's fix but it was not the problem. Im still having the problem and many more similiar to what you mention. I have found many machines with the spring off of the rake down switch running just fine. I have noticed some machines the ball detect led's are always powered up and some only with the machine on. Im sure a few of the machines are wired a bit differently. I also have a few that have a failed to trigger about every 2 days. I've adjusted the switches to no avail. Waiting on a ship from electronic repair center of new trigger pc boards so I can get some of this junk outta here. Anyone have a schematic on the Electronic triggering pc board??? I noticed on some of my boards there is a wire and above it says "CUT FOR KPH" what does that mean? I think I'll cut one and find out. Probably shouldn't but im gonna [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Jerrid

Comment

Bannanas,
              After re-reading your post, instead of toggling the breaker, take one hand and hold up the lever for the rake down switch and turn machine back on until it finishes cycle, then let go of switch. At least that way you don't cook your contactors [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Jerrid

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
              Working...
              X