Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turret Heck

Running Straight A's

one of my turrets is way out of wack i have addjusted it to the best of my knowlesge but i am still learning all these new things.. what will happen is the turrent will work fine for a few frames then it will just keep going round & round and it throws pins into the 7 pin cup so there is a BIG pile up ,LOL. if i adjust the turrent any right now it is too tight and will not move when a pin hits the big spoon to tell it to move to the next spot.

Any help is appreciated

Tony Vicory
    E&O Bowl [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]

Re: Turret Heck

Tony, One thing you might check is the short link. Sometimes a pin fallen on the deck will bend the short link up and it will be rubbing on the short belt, also causing the short link to be out of adjustment. Also make sure your indexing cam and the 5pin chute are both tight. Paul
    I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

Make sure the bellcrank is tight also.

Gib

Comment

From what I can tell, when you made your adjustment, you turned the spring seat(12-150063) at the front of the trip lever in. This causes no index because when the trip lever(12-150064) is tripped, it completely compresses the spring and restricts the downward motion of the trip lever. When the trip lever cannot move down far enough, the latch(12-150235) cannot move far enough forward to release the turret stop lever(12-150231).
        If you are attempting to adjust the trip lever to stop multiple indexing, you should adjust the stop washer(12-150168) behind the trip lever by turning it toward the cross conveyor support. This allows the trip lever to return to a higher position and at the same time pulls the latch further back allowing it hold the stop lever down at the next position on the turret.
        So much for the adjustment, now on to the actual problem. You said your machines are A's. I have converted A's. When I went through my turrets, I found that many of my machines still had the old two piece(rubber bonded to a steel bushing) rollers(12-150303) on the stop lever. The rubber had swelled and separated from the bushing on many of them. That will cause the type of non-stop indexing you are talking about. Replace the roller with a solid nylon type, and don't mess around. Replace every one you have on any other machines. It will save you a lot of headaches.
        The other suggestions posted here are also worth looking into.
        Idiocracy

Comment

Hi E&O,
          Sometimes indexing problems occur from too much play or slop in your indexing linkage, Quality makes a kit which replaces the x-pins in your short link with a bolt type. The rear bolt sometimes can be a pain to install, but IMHO well worth the trouble. I make it routine to replace any x-pins on the short link with these kits whenever I am in there. The best way to check for excessive play is to grab ahold of your indexing latch and press down on your trip lever (there should be no more than a 1/16" of play there) any more and your flirting with indexing problems. Hope this helps..... any more problems please post em here and let us know the outcome of this one. All of the above are great places to start troubleshooting.

Jerrid
          and then he said, "on your death bed, you will receive total consciousness" so I got that going for me...... which is nice!

Comment

Hi Jerrid - do you have a No. for these kits? I could do with some of those, fed up with bending short links. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
            Working...
            X