Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• light ball problem

I have a pair of lanes that the light balls are not quite getting to the front lift. Lacks about 8 inches getting there. I have change acc. belt still the same. Wondering if anybody else has had this problem.

Re: light ball problem

If it is only one pair I would check to make sure there is nothing in the track that could be slowing the balls down, sometimes old ball wipes for example can lay across the track and will be enough to slow light balls.what size drive pulley are you using on the drive motor?You could alway change to a bigger pulley.

Comment

If it is only the one pair that is giving you trouble with light balls, I would look to see if the retarder track is in good repair and clean. A quick check is to change sides. Flip-flop for a lack of a better term. The ball will roll on a new part of the carpet in a different pattern than before. Another idea would be to put in new retarder carpet on both sides. If you have down sweep rags in use, dirty ones will stop the light ball 3-4 feet from the power lift as well. Other than that, look for an obstruction in the ball track, down sweep, and the transfer at the retarder.

Mark
      Mark
      (919) 757-1789

Comment

Ratchetwrist is right about this one and I have experienced this myself. If retarder carpets haven't been replaced at all or in a very long time light balls will be stopped by the worn out carpet. I have installed new retarder carpet in about 3/4 of the house. New retarder carpet should cure your problem.

Comment

We had a pair that did this. The retarder carpets were a different grade than the newer ones. The pile was much thicker and longer. I sped up the accelerators to 1 11/16" and changed the carpets. No problems since and the balls still enter the lift slowly enough not to cause problems.
          <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Comment

I had the same problem with the ball wipes that are in front of the accelerator, had to remove them or light balls would not make it back.

Drill
            Drill

David Bolt
            Champaign, IL
            USBC Silver Coach
            IBPSIA BOD
            IBPSIA Advanced
            Technical Certified
            Pro Shops

Comment

Ditto on the down wipers here, causes lots of havoic with 6lbers if the wipes are dirty.
              Marty

Comment

Thanks for all the input. I filp flop the retarders on one pair and it helped. also ordered some new strips.

Thanks Again

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                Working...
                X