Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turret Clutch Facings

Wanting to pick everyones mind and opinion on what turret clutch facings are the best? ie. Brunswick, Quality etc. I have heard good and bad on all.

Thanks,
    J.D. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]

Re: Turret Clutch Facings

I prefer the black ones. The white ones will do, but don't last nearly as long. Just an opinoin.

Mark
    Mark
    (919) 757-1789

Comment

I prefer the orginal(old brake material) brunswick facings,good luck finding them,need to find someone with really old pinsetters that would be willing to part with them(sorry mine are like gold to me),I've found the black ones work in a pinch,and the white ones aren't worth my time or anyone elses,just my 2 sense,good luck to ya,Bob

Comment

I have several originals in good shape. The mechanics
        before me said they squeak. I haven't installed them for this reason. Is this normal for all old facings?

Comment

Yes,
          If your talking about the old copper looking ones I have seen them make noise.
          Facings do not matter to much to me as long as the friction disc Is In good condition. I use the carbon plugs on all my clutch rebuilds.
          Mike
          DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

To me, the black plastic ones quality's had out for the last 4 or so years are the best. The grey ones were decent, but the black ones wear like iron and still index when it's needed:

Kevin

Comment

Thanks for the responses so far. I do have a question for Mike. Do you use the carbon plugs in the plastic facings as well. I have a bunch of these laying around but have never used them. What is the purpose of the carbon plugs? Going through the brunswick book it appears they still offer the original style clutch facings along with the newer style plastics. Let me know.

Thanks,

Comment

Hello JD,
                Yes I do use the plugs even on the plastic facings. I believe they used them on pinsetters when they first came out with the bronze looking facings on the old A's. With out them they would wear Into the pulley facing and make noise. My A's still have some of those facings. I do find that using them on every type of facing gives you smoother operation, And with proper maintenace the friction disc last longer. Just emagine when doing your clucth maitenance and only having to purchase those In expensive plugs Instead of a friction disc or facings. When I first discovered those new facings I did try some without the plugs and did not like It. I'd be willing to bet that even masternut uses them on all his clutches to! If you have them laying around use them, Just make sure the face on your pulley Is In good shape. Put It this way, Lets say For some reason you could not get to your annual clutch maintenance, It's more comfortable knowing your wearing Into carbon plugs Instead of facings...
                Good luck,
                Mike
                DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Mike. I will try them on my next one and see what happens. I had tried the white facings 2 different times (no carbon plugs) and they did not function well, so pulled them out. The last one I did I used the Quality black ones (no carbon plugs) but so far it is doing just fine. Time will tell. Thanks again for the info.

Comment

Question, where do you get the carbon plugs? I have looked in brunswick parts but have not found them. Thanks for the help

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                    our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                    Working...
                    X