Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short turret belts

Has anybody other than me had performance problems with new short turret belts? I just ordered some new (Brunswick) and installed one Thurs. tonight(Fri.) I had to loosen the long turret drive spring with a 5" eye bolt to stop multiple indexes. The new belt seems to have way too much grip on the clutch pulley. The new belts look different than the older ones on my machines in that they are rubber on the sides rather than fabric. Or am I the only one having problems? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

Re: Short turret belts

I have one machine with that eye bolt set up too,NO other adjustment worked so i had to go with that.
    Ran into another problem,wanted to change short belt on a turret and the new one is too short whereas the time delay hits the turret cam,yes it was fully in the slides and they are fine too.Belt # 12-150113 is what's on it (48" old belt)and it has the same number BUT the new one same number and size is too short.I remember having to use the longer belt 27-8620 (49.5") to get things working at another place i was at,after that, all ran super.
    Why is it that the new belts seem bigger(fatter)and shorter?I'm going to try napa or other auto parts stores for belts.
    Use what you have to,to get it through the shift then fix it right.Do it right and live through the night...Safety first!

Comment

Re: Short turret belts

Sherlock,
      I to have discovered that the new brunswick short turret belts have alot of grip and pressure. I ended up using the longer belt to make them work smoother. It's funny when you go to replace a worn part thats going to give you trouble, But yet you end up with more trouble anyways. It's all about money now and days not quality. I have thought about trying Murreys short turret belts!!
      Mike
      DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
      1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
      First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
      our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
      Working...
      X