Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retro field kit avaliabilty

57-860252-000 retro field kit for the new pin solenoid. We are experincing dificulty trying to purchase this pc board. Ace Mitchel informed us that Brunswick is no longer making this board.
    Is there any ideas where this part can be purchased.
    [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]

Doug

Re: Retro field kit avaliabilty

Doug
    The first thing I would do is to call Brunswick and ask them what they are replacing them with.
    If I have any laying around I'll send to you.
    Also check other centers that may have had B scoring and changed over to AMF. Most of your AMF centers have done this.
    John B
    ------------
    just fix it

Comment

Belive it or not after doing some checking Brunswick has put us out on a limb and lost there distibuter for this part and a Brunswick Represinitive said that at this time they do not have a supplier for this board and at this time 150 boards are on back order to Brunswick.

Brunswick needs to take a serious look at this situation.

Doug [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

Well one thing to be thankful for you are not down. Just first ball foul and third ball 10th frame not working leads to a couple of complaints and use of the reset button.
        What happened to me a few years back was the motors for the 86 scanner were dicontinued for a while. That made it very hard to eliminate down time. I had to get good at rebuilding motors from scratch. Brunswick got another vender a year later and started resupplying them again.
        John B
        ------------
        just fix it

Comment

On the West Coast we rely on ISS Pro-score, or Don Madden Electric. He has A LOT of stuff. As far as scoring stuff. Old and current. I'll bet he can help you. 909-684-2695.

Comment

I cant belive that Brunswick has left me hanging again, they havent even read our post are the so busy that they dont even look at this site anymore. If not I hope they are getting a new distributer at least. Problems like this is a large determining factor in the type of scoring systems our company will purchase in the future.

Doug [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

I have a couple on back order. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img] Till they get here bowlers will just have to push the reset in the tenth frame.

Sharpie

Comment

Check to see if you can get relays to replace the bad ones. This is the part that goes bad. Once I ordered new boards and Bruns. sent me relays instead. They have 5 solder joints but can be repaired.
                John B
                ------------
                just fix it

Comment

As a Mechanic of 29 years I think That Brunswick is the one that needs to push their reset button and rerack their staff.

Doug

We can't fix what we dont have.
                  [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Senior Mechanic:
                    I think That Brunswick is the one that needs to push their reset button and rerack their staff.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That is one really Funny statement , [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Surely , there must be an aftermarket source that can supply &amp; / or repair this equipment out there somewhere ? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

Cybernetics here in Australia comes to mind , But I cannot find there Web Site [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

A relay that will work on the board is an Aromat JS-1 6VDC relay. You can get them from newark electronics fairly cheap. You will have to modify the board by drilling a couple of extra holes and also adding some jumper wires to make the connections. I have not been able to find a direct replacement for the relays as of yet. If anyone knows of a place where they can be found, please let us know.

BTW...This relay is the same one used on the brunswick auto triggering boards so you can save some money on getting them repaired. I have one to replace today as a matter of fact.
                      <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Comment

Adam, Thanks for your information this is just what we were looking for but, could you email me a diagram of the modifications you are talking about.

Also, is the relay your talking about a 6 vdc contact located on the 12-862584-400 module. if it is we have dist. to purchase the relay from.

doug [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Yes, that is the same relay. I will be sending you an email ASAP.
                          <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Comment

First of all Thanks, Adam D. for the email on how to fix my relay problem. This will be a big help to us while Brunswick gets there ducks in a row.

And also I would like to thank the whole bowltech comunity for being here to help other mechanics in need.

Doug [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]

Comment

Also , try ALLIED ELECTRONICS for the replacement relay.

When the "B" manufactured these and many other boards they used a 6 volt coil relay and I had problems with them chattering because the logic voltage that signals this board is 5 volt, with the length of the cable the voltage drop was high enough that the the relay would not consistently pull correctly, burning the contacts.
                              After a bunch of burn outs I finally bought high amp rated contact relays(almost same package) with socket and hard wired the socket terminals to the board, then hot glued the relay to the inside of the box. A 5 volt 12 amp socketed relay, easy to change out, more current handling and no "B" over priced parts. We had AS_80's that were 16 years old and never lost another one(relay) again. If you have the "B" electronic triggering boards do the same to them for the cycle solenoid relay.
                              BEER: It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X