Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easier way to replace a jogger link?

Is there an easier way to replace a jogger link without having to pull the whole vibrator shaft? Then once you get it off, how do you get it back on with no room for a hammer?

I have a bearing starting to go on one of these. I have tried using a pry bar with no success. The only way I have been able to remove one of these in the past is to remove the whole vibrator shaft and use a bearing puller then beat it back on with a hammer.

Any ideas or tricks, or should I just continue pulling shafts?
    <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Re: Easier way to replace a jogger link?

Adam:

I keep a shaft, with everything built, on the wall. 8 Bolts, a LOT of cussin, and you're done. Just no room to work in there, so minimize the time you spend in there, and rebuild the other one where there's room to work. Saves time and aggravation in the long run:

kevin

Comment

Just call me stupid but when I work on a “B” pit I pull the entire pit and install a rebuilt one in its place. Take it out in two pieces. It’s a little heavy but makes the inspection and rebuild much easier.

JMO

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
      Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

That's what I was afraid of..

Fortunatly I have an impact wrench so it makes the job a little easier.

Ed, I wish I had a spare. That would be nice.

Owners were talking about buying 1 or 2 whole machines for parts. I wish they would. 1 or 2 thousand dollars for about 20 or more thousand in parts. Anybody know of a place where I can find some 60,000 series A's? Or better yet converted A's? That way the parts would be about the same as what I have.
        <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Comment

We have 4 complete spare machines minus the pit cushions and curtains and I think they are close to the 60,000 series.. I'll check when I go to work monday and let you know.....

Charles

Comment

Adam - I suppose I am lucky as I have 2 complete pit frames for emergencies, I can usually change one in 30 - 40 minutes (with help) and I think this is definitely the best way, you can then service the broken pit frame much easier in the work area. You also usually find a few aprts like X pins &amp; bolts when you take a frame out, maybe even the odd Allen key or spanner [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] Tried the other way (working in the pit) - not recommended for 60yr olds!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img] I also keep a spare cushion assembly for the same reason.
            Good luck whichever way you do it.

Comment

Best to keep a spare unit ready to go.It's not that bad changing one out,about 1/2 hour for me tops.,longer if i change ALL the rubber mounts so i know it's all done!
              Just don't put the drive pulley on wrong like i did a long time ago,the pit runs funky!Very funny to watch run but not fun to re-do. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]
              Had some mild success removing the needle bearings with a pulley remover and large socket, yet, all in all,easier to yank the thing out. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
              Use what you have to,to get it through the shift then fix it right.Do it right and live through the night...Safety first!

Comment

I have to agree [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] about pulling the whole thing. Unfortunately, brunswick never gave it any thought about doing a repair inside an area slightly larger then 4ft and then God never meant for us to be put positions totally unknown to man. Especially if you are a tall person. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] . It is always best to pull the assembly and get it done right the first time. Second times are not fun at all.

msbowl [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

It's all done now. I had to pull the shaft anyway as the bearing had worn into it. Hate it when that happens. Kind of funny though. The shaft bearing mounts were frozen to the pit frame. Had to use an old vibrator shaft to pry the old vibrator shaft out. Go figure! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Just a thought...do you lubricate the vibrator shaft and jogger arm bearings as you should? I went and did all 60 at one place and all 12 at another place. I do them about once a year...even though Brunswick recomends greasing them 4 times a year. =)
                    ß A

Comment

Originally posted by badams900:
                      Just a thought...do you lubricate the vibrator shaft and jogger arm bearings as you should?....
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes, I do that. However I have not found a way to refill the ball bearing on the jogger link. Kind of hard to get to with a needle. I do grease the main bearings and the needle bearings though.

Comment

To refill the large jogger bearings i just carefully pull off the seal,repack it and put seal back on,i use my spring hook tool.
                        Use what you have to,to get it through the shift then fix it right.Do it right and live through the night...Safety first!

Comment

This is what I use to grease the needle bearings.
                          [img]http://pic4.****************/VOL50/488633/748848/8771311.jpg[/img]
                          I made this and it works great. I have them on most of my machines now.

Comment

NICE IDEA ADAM, THATS GOT TO BE A TIME SAVER...
                            Mike
                            DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                            Working...
                            X