Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brunswick Electronic Triggering Board

This one has been driving us nuts for a while now. It started about 2 months ago when I noticed that the spring was missing on the safety microswitch on the rake shaft(safety lock-out, or as the manual calls it the "rake-down switch"). Installed spring (oops). Starting having safety lockouts when shotgun rake goes down. Machine blacks out, and led lights on board telling you rake hit something. Doesn't look like anything wrong with rake travel, and both the rake down switch (safety) and rake up switch (trigger micro in elec box) look like they are adjusted to the 1/16" like installation manual says.

It started happening a lot, with the spring installed on the safety switch, and with spring removed. We changed triggering board, and noticed that the trace that opens the motor-start relay when lockout occurs was getting used so much, that it was getting hot and started to lift off the board. Same machine symptoms occurred with the new board. Now, the trace on the new board seems to be getting hot.

Now it seems like the machine doesn't black out AS MUCH with the spring OFF (but the micro NEVER closes without the spring installed.)

Is there a way to test this board, and the proper timing of the closing and opening of the rake switches?? Both micros check out ok with ohmmeter.

When I've been on the machine and saw it happen, ball comes through, rake goes down, but solenoid never fires. Machine blacks out, led goes on (like its supposed to). But nothing blocked rake, and safety switch was closed (spring installed). Turn breaker off, then on, and solenoid fires. This seems to happen in bunches, and then machine will behave for a while.

This is on a converted A2, Brunswick AS90 scoring with take data relay board, single-type brown Brunswick triggering box on the lane. Bruns elect triggering board circa 1995 (rev A board, I think).

Re: Brunswick Electronic Triggering Board

Hi, just a thought that there maybe a pin hanging up the pitcushion or a rake shock going bad and also a pitcushion linkage binding due to wear.

I have 44 lanes with automatic triggering with the springs installed on the rake down switch and have never exprienced the trace problem that you have spoke of. However, we have had to replace several of the relays on the module that fires the sylnoid.

Doug [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
    our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
    Working...
    X