Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxim Balls vs. Acc. Belts

I would say that about 80-90% of the time that the long acc. belt is knocked off at our center, it is due to an Ebonite Maxim. Is this just my house or is anyone else having problems with these balls? It doesn't seem to be an adjustment problem because the belts work perfectly on every other type/brand of ball. As soon as the Maxim passes the y, that belt is gonna fly! The straps that Zot puts out are out of the question-our owner decided against them for whatever reason... Any feedback would be appreciated.

Re: Maxim Balls vs. Acc. Belts

Maxims balls can be a PAIN here too! Surface is too slick i think.Now when i see one come in back i put it on my spinner and scuff it with lane cleaner and a scotch brite to dull it a bit,seem's to work well. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
    I try to steer folks away from those balls and a few others so i don't have troubles!I also get those balls spinning on the ball wheel where no others do,i hate chasing stupid things like that.
    What really get's me is....bowlers who put it or plastic balls into the ball polisher,what are they thinking!!Just show's the lack of brain power we have to put up with i guess.
    Use what you have to,to get it through the shift then fix it right.Do it right and live through the night...Safety first!

Comment

I would really consider the ZOT Accelerator support conversion kit Zot# 11188-0. We installed these in both our 28 and 16 lane centers with great results. We do not have this problem any more and our maintance cost is down. We were hesitant to try this product also but after a trial period of a couple of months on a couple of lanes we were convinced.

Doug [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]

Comment

We had the same problem with all light balls, so we changed the acc wheels and replaced them with new ones. Haven't had a problem since then. We eliminated the Lusre King 2 years ago and the proshop gets the polishes. Good luck in youre quest.

soon to be great [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]

Comment

Hey Sr. Mechanic - when you installed the Zot mod to the ball accelerator, did you need to reduce the ball retarder up front or do the balls still make it up there fine? Thanks!
          Howard

Comment

If the proprietor is set against buying the Zot supports, make your own. He'll never know the difference.
            Idiocracy

Comment

The Zot kits are the way to go, since installing mine I have only had to replace one belt and that was because the hole was getting too big,lol
              This modification is the best thing since lift rod covers.

Drill
              Drill

David Bolt
              Champaign, IL
              USBC Silver Coach
              IBPSIA BOD
              IBPSIA Advanced
              Technical Certified
              Pro Shops

Comment

When the brunswick pinsetter was made and the A2 accelerator was designed they never in their worst nightmares dreamed that so much oil would be put down on the lanes as we have to today.So trust me ive installed Zot on over 400 machines over the years and there is no other answer to keep belts from flying off.If your owner dont wanna buy Zot kits Tell him to chase the balls and wrestle with getting belts back on and occasionally replacing a burned up acc. motor because of it Good Luck

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                Working...
                X