Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a wierd deck problen

Ok here is the problem..

The deck goes down and releases pins, but wont go into second ball (deck goes to detect pins.. scissors do not close, and deck sets new pins). as well as sometimes the deck will go down and release pins at strike detect level..

Having troubles figuring this one out..
    Detector Rod Adjustment???

Thank You

Re: a wierd deck problen

Based on information given, I would look at the lowering hook adjustment. If that is OK, then look for a bind in the OOR ass'y. Information is vague, so it's just a blind stab at it. Please post more info.
    Mark
    (919) 757-1789

Comment

OK so basically first ball cycle works fine, but when the deck goes to go into second ball instead of the scissors closing and it picking up the pins, it just sweeps the pins and sets new ones..

. Aswell as every now and then. not everytime, the deck will lower to strike level, and drop the pins on first ball.

Comment

Post isn't clear, but I would check the condition of the Moving Deck/ scissor latch adjustment first, then the Detector rod adjustment. If Deck is dropping pins at strike level check the Deck lowering hook latch adjustment and / or the condition of the Deck lowering hook selector for wear. Stop lever maybe slipping off the hook selector. If slippage is the case you can file the hook selector or replace it.

Comment

Sounds like 2 problems at once. I would make sure that the detector rod is in proper adjustment and have the machine perform the proper cycles. Then on to the lowering hook adjustment if the detector rod didn't solve it.
          Just as a 'shot in the dark' check the gap between the lowering hook and the deck lift shaft pin. Do you have factory (yoke) or converted (link) machines?

Mark
          Mark
          (919) 757-1789

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
          our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
          Working...
          X